bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

turbo programmer 2 - hanging problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bugra.hasbek

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: turbo programmer 2 - hanging problem Reply with quote

Hi guys,

i have a turbo lite 2 and turbo programmer 2. My OS is Suse 11.0 32 bit. I am having following problem : Turbo Programmer can't reach application mode when i execute prog_apps or sim_dump or any other program.

root bin-linux-ia32>./prog_apps -v
Initializing device
Device initialized
Entering Application Mode
<hangs at this point>

I used to execute these commands in the past without a problem. Recently i tried to upload pager.trb by below command:
> ./prog_apps -u pager.trb

it was uploading nicely at first. but after a while it hanged so i stopped the command using ctrl+c. After that day it never reached application mode. I believe that stopping in the middle of uploading somehow corrupted turbo programmer. What can i do about this problem?

Any comment is appreciated.. feel free to ask if more info on problem in needed for a solution
pz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prog_apps is for managing apps/modules in TP2 itself, not in connected Turbo/Waver device - for this there is "cemu". So you uploaded pager into TP2.

You may do "prog_apps -i" to init TP2 and then go to modules dir and uipload modules "prog_apps -u sim.trb" etc.

If TP2 was not even responding to this reflash it's kernel. Unplug USB, change jumper close to USB connector, plug USB, "prog_update_fw firmware/tprog_kernel-3.1.1.bin", unplug USB, change jumper, plug USB, upload modules.
bugra.hasbek

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried what you said but it didnt work Sad Here is step by step report

pz wrote:
You may do "prog_apps -i" to init TP2 and then go to modules dir and uipload modules "prog_apps -u sim.trb" etc..

1-) I plugged in usb cable. Jumper is on 1-2 pins of H3 . tfw led is on
2-) After a few seconds tfw led becomes off, run led becomes on
3-) i tried to init tp2, but it failed

root bin-linux-ia32>./prog_apps -iv
Initializing device
Device initialized
Entering Application Mode
<hangs at this point>

pz wrote:
If TP2 was not even responding to this reflash it's kernel. Unplug USB, change jumper close to USB connector, plug USB, "prog_update_fw firmware/tprog_kernel-3.1.1.bin", unplug USB, change jumper, plug USB, upload modules.

4-) I changed jumper to 2-3 pins. Plugged in usb cable. PFW led is on
5-) tried to reflash kernel but it failed

root bin-linux-ia32>./prog_update_fw ../firmware/tprog_kernel-3.1.0.bin
Initializing device
Device initialized
Programmer loading procedure has started
<hangs at this point>

Btw in my current setup, there is only 1 jumper on 2-3 pins of H3. Should there be other jumpers on other pins?
bugra.hasbek

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: SOLVED.. Reply with quote

I solved the problem. I am writing step by step what i did in the hope that it might help someone else in the future.

I tried updating kernel in a windows machine. its response was

Initializing device
Device initialized
Programmer loading procedure has started
Uploading programmer firmware
Page 14/(0- 479)

I searched the forum and found that someone else also had the same problem ( http://www.bladox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=112) so i installed ftdi drivers and tried again but it gave the same response.

I tried updating kernel in linux again (for the millionth time..) but this time it worked Very Happy I think even though i couldn't update kernel in windows, it somehow reseted tp2
cyphunk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beleive that FTDI have a windows application on their site that will clear the driver cache's for usb-to-serial. This might help, at least if you are having this issue on windows.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: