bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Welcome back: Zero-G tester
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Welcome back: Zero-G tester Reply with quote

Testing phone test mode, seems to unlock iPhone 3G, don't know if all cards, all countries, etc. Use at your own risk.

See http://www.bladox.com/pub/zerog-0.95.tar.gz

We will publish source later.

Big thanks to Dave H.

/BLADOX strikes back
mashi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep searching and no service
pz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mashi wrote:
keep searching and no service

It's very fresh piece of code, not much tested. It has been reported to work by some people but it's not guaranteed to work everywhere/with all cards. Testing is needed, please post what card, what country, what network etc.

There is also room for improvement but the general idea seems to work.

As always - we don't have any iphone and even haven't seen the new 3g one. Working on blind.
A3Australia

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Australian 3G iPhone Reply with quote

Hi Pavel Zf etc.

I will get an Australian 3G iPhone for testing on Monday July 21st (Autralian Time Zone).

Any more info on programming etc??

A3 Australia
healeydave

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zero-G is new code for iPhone 3G but still in test.

We have reports that some carriers don't come out of "No Service".

We could have done one of two things:

1. Release the early code and let people test and report back.
|_ Advantage = have something quick
|_ Disadvantage = reliability not 100%

2. Hold off and do all the testing ourselves.
|_ Advantage = more reliable in the end
|_ Disadvantage = longer wait for code with limited carrier/country tests

Only time will tell if we chose the right option Smile

Programming is the same as before with applesaft, simply supply the turbo-app utility with the zero-g trb file.
If you have previous code in the TurboSIM, do a turbo-rm-apps first to clear out any old code.

When you see the phone go from "No Service" to "No Signal Bars", this should indicate a Reset is in progress, next it should sync with the carrier, but it might go to "No Service" again and stay there. That is an issue we have seen already. If you have more than one network SIM to try, let us know what successes / failures you experience.
A3Australia

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Questions Reply with quote

>>Programming is the same as before with applesaft, simply supply the turbo-app utility with the zero-g trb file.<<

OK will do.

>>If you have previous code in the TurboSIM, do a turbo-rm-apps first to clear out any old code.<<

I have plenty of brand new sealed TurboSIMs < www.TurboSIM.com.au >

>>When you see the phone go from "No Service" to "No Signal Bars", this should indicate a Reset is in progress, next it should sync with the carrier, but it might go to "No Service" again and stay there. That is an issue we have seen already. If you have more than one network SIM to try, let us know what successes / failures you experience.<<

I have VIRGIN Mobile, TELSTRA, OPTUS, THREE (3) and VODAFONE SIMs

We have three official carriers authorised by Apple for Australia - TELSTRA, OPTUS, and VODAFONE.

Am I to understand that if I have an OPTUS iPhone I should set-up the TurboSIM with the original OPTUS SIM? Then test with the other carriers, both approved, and not approved (such as THREE and VIRGIN)?

Cheers

A3 Australia[/quote]
healeydave

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you don't setup the SIM anymore like you did with applesaft, once you've programmed Zero-G in to the TurboSIM, you simply put in the Network SIM you want to use with the TurboSIM into the 3G iPhone and wait for the magic.
bigal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey
i tested it with a swisscom locked phone and a german t-mobile sim !

i didnßt got a signal
JWCR

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guy's

i have a blank sealed card and never programmed one before, do i need another device apart froma mac or pc and the card to programme? If not can you help out how i programme the card please. link somewhere would be cool
thanks in advance
J.
healeydave

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can program it on a jailbroken 2G iPhone if you have one.
healeydave

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, here are some results so far:

The UK official Carrier for iPhone is O2, so we know they all work, even if they are PAYG and not Contract SIMs.

VodaFone - Worked
Tesco - Worked
Virgin - Worked
T-Mobile - Stuck at No Service
Orange - Stuck at No Service

VodaFone: When booting up a Vodafone SIM, the carrier sync's sometimes before the refresh popup. The popup resets the SIM and service comes back.

Virgin: When booting up a Virgin SIM, it took a while but went through the same motions as VodaFone. Ironically Virgin piggy-backs the T-Mobile network in the UK but the Virgin SIM worked where as the T-Mobile SIM didnt get any service!?!? The carrier stays as T-Mobile with the Virgin SIM in.

Orange: When booting up an Orange SIM, a voicemail alert came through almost straight away whilst the status was still No Service. After the popup reset, it cleared the voicemail flag but stayed at No Service.

T-Mobile: When booting up a T-Mobile SIM, it goes to No Service, the reset after the popup just takes it back to No Service which is where it stays.
pz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

healeydave wrote:
Okay, here are some results so far:

The UK official Carrier for iPhone is O2, so we know they all work, even if they are PAYG and not Contract SIMs.

VodaFone - Worked
Tesco - Worked
Virgin - Worked
T-Mobile - Stuck at No Service
Orange - Stuck at No Service

VodaFone: When booting up a Vodafone SIM, the carrier sync's sometimes before the refresh popup. The popup resets the SIM and service comes back.

Virgin: When booting up a Virgin SIM, it took a while but went through the same motions as VodaFone. Ironically Virgin piggy-backs the T-Mobile network in the UK but the Virgin SIM worked where as the T-Mobile SIM didnt get any service!?!? The carrier stays as T-Mobile with the Virgin SIM in.

Orange: When booting up an Orange SIM, a voicemail alert came through almost straight away whilst the status was still No Service. After the popup reset, it cleared the voicemail flag but stayed at No Service.

T-Mobile: When booting up a T-Mobile SIM, it goes to No Service, the reset after the popup just takes it back to No Service which is where it stays.

Very interesting, when I played with other phones in test mode they connected too in the test mode itself, which is funny because IMSI doesn't include MCC/MNC information. So they connect probably on LOCI/PMLN information. That would mean that maybe we don't have to leave test mode at all. It worked even on roaming (UK card in Prague).

As for T-Mobile - it may be something completely different, maybe something we handle badly in the kernel, I don't know. I would had to see debug.

Orange - no clue.

For Orange/Tmob - STK menu was there? Maybe I should post a version without automatic switching, manual only to see if switching is needed, when/timing, etc.

Btw, we don't mind to release the code but we would like to give it to more trusted people in the beginning. But I don't know who. If e.g. Zf_ is reading this, would you mind to send me an email?
healeydave

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can trust ZF with the source and he will not give it out if asked not to do so. In my opinion most people will be happy just to get the trb files to program themselves.

Let the chinese at least work it out for themselves, the applesaft source just made it too easy for them in the past Smile
JWCR

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

healeydave wrote:
You can program it on a jailbroken 2G iPhone if you have one.

I have a 2g phone with beat pawned sotware on it, so i can put 1.1.4 then what do i need?
mattmartincouk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just picked up one of these and have a few test sims (Ireland, Manx, and UK 3).

Once I have had time to load I will report results too if that helps. I'm with Vodafone for my contracted services however.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: