bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions about Turbo Lite 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bugra.hasbek

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Questions about Turbo Lite 2 Reply with quote

Hi,

i have some questions about turbo lite 2.

1-) How do i upload programs to turbo lite 2? I tried the following setup. Is it correct?
1-a) connect turbo programmer 2 to computer via usb port
1-b) connect turbo lite 2 to turbo programmer via expansion connector (50 pin)
1-c) insert my own sim card to turbo lite 2 sim connector
1-d) insert the card which belongs to tl2 (which emulates a sim card i assume) to my mobile phone( nokia 3310)
1-e) turn on mobile phone
1-f) execute "./cemu --app helloworld.trb -a turboadapter.trb"

2-) Is it necassary to connect my phone and turbo lite 2? In my opinion it shouldn't be necessary because i am uploading helloworld.trb to turbolite 2, not to sim card of the phone.
2-a) should mobile phone be on or off?

3-) What is the difference between "./cemu --app helloworld.trb" and "./cemu --app helloworld.trb -a turboadapter.trb". When i try the first one it hangs, but the second one gives following output:

root bin-linux-ia32>./cemu --app helloworld.trb -a turboadapter.trb
SIM mode initialized, turboadapter.trb
SIM_ATR: 00

ERROR: Bad File

4-) When I insert my own sim card to tl2, and insert tl2's card to my mobile phone and turn on the phone, i got "insert SIM card" error on my phone. A few days ago when i connect tl2 to phone, i was able to see Turbo menu and there were no such messages. I tried it with different sim cards and different phones(all of them were nokia 3310). I tried using turbo lite 2's sim card connector, and also tried to keep sim card and turbo lite 2 intact manually. Neither worked...

Why sim card is not recognized by phone? Is this something that i can repair on my own (and how) or should i sent turbo lite 2 back to you for repairs? What do you suggest I do?

thanks in advance
pz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Questions about Turbo Lite 2 Reply with quote

bugra.hasbek wrote:
Hi,

i have some questions about turbo lite 2.

1-) How do i upload programs to turbo lite 2? I tried the following setup. Is it correct?
1-a) connect turbo programmer 2 to computer via usb port
1-b) connect turbo lite 2 to turbo programmer via expansion connector (50 pin)

No, insert it into prog SIM connector.

Quote:

1-c) insert my own sim card to turbo lite 2 sim connector
1-d) insert the card which belongs to tl2 (which emulates a sim card i assume) to my mobile phone( nokia 3310)
1-e) turn on mobile phone
1-f) execute "./cemu --app helloworld.trb -a turboadapter.trb"

No, just do 1a, 1c, insert TL2 into prog SIM connector and "./cemu --app helloworld.trb" - that's it

Quote:

2-) Is it necassary to connect my phone and turbo lite 2? In my opinion it shouldn't be necessary because i am uploading helloworld.trb to turbolite 2, not to sim card of the phone.
2-a) should mobile phone be on or off?

You don't connect phone for "cemu" application upload at all.

Quote:

3-) What is the difference between "./cemu --app helloworld.trb" and "./cemu --app helloworld.trb -a turboadapter.trb". When i try the first one it hangs, but the second one gives following output:

root bin-linux-ia32>./cemu --app helloworld.trb -a turboadapter.trb
SIM mode initialized, turboadapter.trb
SIM_ATR: 00

ERROR: Bad File

Just use ./cemu --app helloworld.trb

Quote:

4-) When I insert my own sim card to tl2, and insert tl2's card to my mobile phone and turn on the phone, i got "insert SIM card" error on my phone. A few days ago when i connect tl2 to phone, i was able to see Turbo menu and there were no such messages. I tried it with different sim cards and different phones(all of them were nokia 3310). I tried using turbo lite 2's sim card connector, and also tried to keep sim card and turbo lite 2 intact manually. Neither worked...

Why sim card is not recognized by phone? Is this something that i can repair on my own (and how) or should i sent turbo lite 2 back to you for repairs? What do you suggest I do?

thanks in advance

Maybe it got it somehow with your testing, you can try to reflash TL2 firmare with "btldr" command - you need the kernel, send request info to info@
bugra.hasbek

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Questions about Turbo Lite 2 Reply with quote

pz wrote:

No, just do 1a, 1c, insert TL2 into prog SIM connector and "./cemu --app helloworld.trb" - that's it

Maybe it got it somehow with your testing, you can try to reflash TL2 firmare with "btldr" command - you need the kernel, send request info to info@

Thanks for the reply pz. I tried to upload helloworld.trb according to your instructions. I hangs after printing following message. btw SIM led is on while it hangs.

Code:
root bin-linux-ia32>./cemu --app helloworld.trb
SIM mode initialized, sim.trb

I guess tl 2's kernel is crashed, so i will reflash tl 2 as you suggested. I sent an email to info@bladox.com but didn't get a reply yet. I will inform you, when i got a reply.
bugra.hasbek

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reflashed tl 2 and uploaded helloworld as you described. Worked like a charm Smile

Thank you pz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: