bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wrong connector in Turbo Lite 2 ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dgallo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Wrong connector in Turbo Lite 2 ? Reply with quote

Hi,

We've just bought two of the bladox waver development kits, and some turbo sims, and I'm starting to set the development environment here and trying to understand how to use each hardware and tools. That said, I'm sorry if I'm asking stupid question Wink

1. As I understood, the turbo lite 2 can be used in several contexts, and I should be able to insert it into the SIM connector of the cellphone as well in the SIM connector of the TP2. But apparently it is not possible to fit the TL2 "SIM interface" in the phone (the LG KP170 that came in the kit) neither in the TP2, cause the flexible wire that connects the connector in the board is in the wrong side (in the back of the interface, the side that should go first when inserting it into the phone, and the side that is "fixed" in the TP2 connector port... Don't know if I was clear... The problem is really that in the TP2 I'm not able to close the SIM card connector due to the flexible wire that connects to the TL2 board, and in the phone I'm not able to insert the TL2 at all (cause I would have to insert the side that have the flexible wire first, and obviously it is not possible).

2. To install some application in the Turbo Waver using the TP2, should I insert the SIM together with the waver in the TP2 SIM card connector (or just the waver itself?)? I'm having trouble trying to fit both in the TP2 connector together, so I would like to know what is the best way to do it, if that is the case.

3. Is there any step-by-step tutorial of developing and installing apps? what about debugging apps with TP2 + TL2?

Thanks in advance!
Diego
pz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Wrong connector in Turbo Lite 2 ? Reply with quote

dgallo wrote:
Hi,

We've just bought two of the bladox waver development kits, and some turbo sims, and I'm starting to set the development environment here and trying to understand how to use each hardware and tools. That said, I'm sorry if I'm asking stupid question Wink

Not at all.

Quote:

1. As I understood, the turbo lite 2 can be used in several contexts, and I should be able to insert it into the SIM connector of the cellphone as well in the SIM connector of the TP2. But apparently it is not possible to fit the TL2 "SIM interface" in the phone (the LG KP170 that came in the kit) neither in the TP2,

We deliver TL2 standardly with the SIM shape connector you got, it's the most universal but for the kit with LG phone I see we should give one that fits better.

The LG is included mainly for Waver, by a chance can you use different phone with TL2?

As for programmer - you can find many complaints in this forum. For historical reasons we use this SIM lock (there is no connector that would fits all), just remove the lock door and just place TL2/Waver/whatever on the connector and use some clip or cloth peg to keep it in place. Try "cemu --info" to see if TP2-devoce-SIM connection is ok.

Quote:

cause the flexible wire that connects the connector in the board is in the wrong side (in the back of the interface, the side that should go first when inserting it into the phone, and the side that is "fixed" in the TP2 connector port... Don't know if I was clear... The problem is really that in the TP2 I'm not able to close the SIM card connector due to the flexible wire that connects to the TL2 board, and in the phone I'm not able to insert the TL2 at all (cause I would have to insert the side that have the flexible wire first, and obviously it is not possible).

Yeah, just remove the door.

Quote:

2. To install some application in the Turbo Waver using the TP2, should I insert the SIM together with the waver in the TP2 SIM card connector (or just the waver itself?)? I'm having trouble trying to fit both in the TP2 connector together, so I would like to know what is the best way to do it, if that is the case.

Always both SIM+Waver or SIM+TL2. Just massacre the TP2 SIM connector.

Quote:

3. Is there any step-by-step tutorial of developing and installing apps? what about debugging apps with TP2 + TL2?

Have you seen the http://bladox.com/devel-docs/index.html ?
You will use mainly "cemu" utility from prog-utils and "dbg" for TL2 debugging.

For debug you insert TL2 into the long cardedge connector on TP2,
SIM in TL2, TL2 in phone, start "dbg" and turn on phone.

"cemu" is for reseting the device (cemu --reset) and uploading apps (cemu --app someapp.trb).

Also look at http://bladox.com/waveradmin.php - you can load .trb via contactless with OTCL. There is also tool to load .cap into SE.

Ask, ask.
dgallo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Wrong connector in Turbo Lite 2 ? Reply with quote

Hi pz, thanks for the quick reply... Follows in-line new questions Wink

pz wrote:
dgallo wrote:

1. As I understood, the turbo lite 2 can be used in several contexts, and I should be able to insert it into the SIM connector of the cellphone as well in the SIM connector of the TP2. But apparently it is not possible to fit the TL2 "SIM interface" in the phone (the LG KP170 that came in the kit) neither in the TP2,

We deliver TL2 standardly with the SIM shape connector you got, it's the most universal but for the kit with LG phone I see we should give one that fits better.

The LG is included mainly for Waver, by a chance can you use different phone with TL2?

We have a motorola here that is the only that fits the TL2. The Nokia and iPhone we also have doesn't fit... But I guess this is OK for now at least.

Quote:

As for programmer - you can find many complaints in this forum. For historical reasons we use this SIM lock (there is no connector that would fits all), just remove the lock door and just place TL2/Waver/whatever on the connector and use some clip or cloth peg to keep it in place. Try "cemu --info" to see if TP2-devoce-SIM connection is ok.

Ok. Door removed in TL2.

Quote:

Quote:

cause the flexible wire that connects the connector in the board is in the wrong side (in the back of the interface, the side that should go first when inserting it into the phone, and the side that is "fixed" in the TP2 connector port... Don't know if I was clear... The problem is really that in the TP2 I'm not able to close the SIM card connector due to the flexible wire that connects to the TL2 board, and in the phone I'm not able to insert the TL2 at all (cause I would have to insert the side that have the flexible wire first, and obviously it is not possible).

Door removed also in TP2.

Quote:

Quote:

SIM+Waver OK. But SIM+TL2 you mean the SIM in the TL2 connector, and the TL2 "SIM interface" in the TP2 right?! Got it.

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, I saw this docs... Will try to take a look again and try to install and debug some of the examples (now that I know how to insert SIM and others Wink) to check possible doubts/issues.

Quote:

"cemu" is for reseting the device (cemu --reset) and uploading apps (cemu --app someapp.trb).

In this debugging configuration, I tried to run cemu --info -d \\.\COM12, and I got:
Code:

SIM mode initialized, sim.trb
SIM_ATR: FF

and it hangs... I guess shouldn't be hanging... Any ideas?

About the samples, any of the already compiled samples should output debug messages when running dbg (dbg -d \\.\COM12)?

Quote:

Also look at http://bladox.com/waveradmin.php - you can load .trb via contactless with OTCL. There is also tool to load .cap into SE.

I saw the page but didn't try to load apps through it yet... Will try later and let you know the results.
BTW, I've used the waverdemos page and is pretty interesting. Regarding the USB reader application, is there any sample code of using it? (I saw the waver demos uses some copyrighted Java applet right?! Is there any open source example for waver with both sides? the turbo waver and the reader codes?)

Quote:

Ask, ask.

Thanks
pz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Wrong connector in Turbo Lite 2 ? Reply with quote

dgallo wrote:

pz wrote:
dgallo wrote:

We have a motorola here that is the only that fits the TL2. The Nokia and iPhone we also have doesn't fit... But I guess this is OK for now at least.

Quote:

Ok. Door removed in TL2.

Not this one, TP2 only Smile In TL2 you insert just SIM.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

SIM+Waver OK. But SIM+TL2 you mean the SIM in the TL2 connector, and the TL2 "SIM interface" in the TP2 right?! Got it.

Yes.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, I saw this docs... Will try to take a look again and try to install and debug some of the examples (now that I know how to insert SIM and others Wink) to check possible doubts/issues.

If you wanted to avoid installing your own devel we have set up a machine that's accessible via ssh - we can make you an account there.

Quote:

Quote:

In this debugging configuration, I tried to run cemu --info -d \\.\COM12, and I got:
Code:

Bad contact in TP2+TL2+SIM.

Quote:

About the samples, any of the already compiled samples should output debug messages when running dbg (dbg -d \\.\COM12)?

Don't know but your TL2 should be with L1 kernel so you can see all ME-TL2-SIM communication right now.

Quote:

Quote:

I saw the page but didn't try to load apps through it yet... Will try later and let you know the results.
BTW, I've used the waverdemos page and is pretty interesting. Regarding the USB reader application, is there any sample code of using it? (I saw the waver demos uses some copyrighted Java applet right?! Is there any open source

Yes, this is done by simulity (French company).

Quote:

example for waver with both sides? the turbo waver and the reader codes?)

E.g. the wallet or id apps. And just look at the javascripts, all APDU's are there. The java applet does only the low level between javascript-reader.

Quote:

Quote:

Ask, ask.

Thanks
dgallo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Wrong connector in Turbo Lite 2 ? Reply with quote

pz wrote:
dgallo wrote:

pz wrote:
dgallo wrote:

Quote:

Ok. Door removed in TL2.

Not this one, TP2 only Smile In TL2 you insert just SIM.

My mistake... I actually removed the door only in TP2, and I could fit the SIM card in the TL2 just fine.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If you wanted to avoid installing your own devel we have set up a machine that's accessible via ssh - we can make you an account there.

That would be nice. Although due to company policies we will need to have the devel environment here as well, in order to compile our codes.
But I guess I'm almost set... I got the TAVRIX live CD and have a virtual machine with it, and also installed the dev stuff in cygwin. I guess that part will not be a problem.
(BTW, I could compile the hello world example just fine... at least didn't get any errors, but didn't try it yet in the Turbo SIMs)

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Code:

Hum... Tried again and still hangs... The phone is seeing the TL2 (turbo menu) and the apps from my real SIM.. In the TP2, the "SIM" led is lit (when hanged)...
Actually, when I connect the TP2 via USB, first the TFW led lits, then the RUN (TFW turns off)... And stays like this until I run cemu, when the led SIM lits (and led RUN turns off).

I'm using my SIM card, since the czech SIM came glued to the waver... Is that a problem? I think it should work for any SIM card right?

Quote:

Quote:

Don't know but your TL2 should be with L1 kernel so you can see all ME-TL2-SIM communication right now.

I suppose dbg is not showing anything due to previous issue then (the cemu hanging / bad contact), right?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

BTW, I've used the waverdemos page and is pretty interesting. Regarding the USB reader application, is there any sample code of using it? (I saw the waver demos uses some copyrighted Java applet right?! Is there any open source

Quote:

E.g. the wallet or id apps. And just look at the javascripts, all APDU's are there. The java applet does only the low level between javascript-reader.

Okay. But can I use the simulity applet? Otherwise I would need to implement the low level here right? Anyway it is good to know that all the APDUs are in the javascript... I will that a look in the code as soon as I get the basics working Wink

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ask, ask.

Thanks
pz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Wrong connector in Turbo Lite 2 ? Reply with quote

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That would be nice. Although due to company policies we will need to have the devel environment here as well, in order to compile our codes.
[/quote]

Sure, this is meant as speedup. If you want account on devel box then write to info@...

Quote:

But I guess I'm almost set... I got the TAVRIX live CD and have a virtual machine with it, and also installed the dev stuff in cygwin. I guess that part will not be a problem.
(BTW, I could compile the hello world example just fine... at least didn't get any errors, but didn't try it yet in the Turbo SIMs)

Tavrix is very old, many utils are obsolete. If you can install e.g. fedora 10 then download http://bladox.com/pub/avr1.tgz and untar this in /usr/local.
Then just download the latest turbo-devel and install it where you want.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Code:

Hum... Tried again and still hangs... The phone is seeing the TL2 (turbo menu) and the apps from my real SIM.. In the TP2, the "SIM" led is lit (when hanged)...
Actually, when I connect the TP2 via USB, first the TFW led lits, then the RUN (TFW turns off)... And stays like this until I run cemu, when the led SIM lits (and led RUN turns off).

This is how it should be. The hang means bad contact. It needs a little practice, sorry.

tp-3.1.6 utils seem to work fine with tp-3.2.0 fw/modules. If you had some linux setup we can send 3.2.0, unfortunately it's not recompiled for win so far.
Source is included.

Quote:

I'm using my SIM card, since the czech SIM came glued to the waver... Is that a problem? I think it should work for any SIM card right?

You can use whatever sim.

Quote:

Quote:

I suppose dbg is not showing anything due to previous issue then (the cemu hanging / bad contact), right?
[/quote]

This is not related, for debug you insert TL2 into the long card edge connector at the opposite site of USB of TP2. Maybe I'm wrong and you don't have L1 debug kernel in TL2. What is written on the TL2 bag label? Anyway we can send you debug kernel for TL2, easy to update with "btldr" command.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Okay. But can I use the simulity applet? Otherwise I would need to implement the low level here right? Anyway it is good to know that all the APDUs are in the

So you want to do something like we have on web? I.e. web interface to reader? Maybe you should contact simulity (nice guys) on legal use of this applet, etc.
dgallo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Wrong connector in Turbo Lite 2 ? Reply with quote

pz wrote:
dgallo wrote:

Quote:

Sure, this is meant as speedup. If you want account on devel box then write to info@...

Just wrote to info@...

Quote:

Quote:

Tavrix is very old, many utils are obsolete. If you can install e.g. fedora 10 then download http://bladox.com/pub/avr1.tgz and untar this in /usr/local.
Then just download the latest turbo-devel and install it where you want.

Okay, I will install everything from scratch... sounds like a pretty straight forward process...

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Code:

This is how it should be. The hang means bad contact. It needs a little practice, sorry.

tp-3.1.6 utils seem to work fine with tp-3.2.0 fw/modules. If you had some linux setup we can send 3.2.0, unfortunately it's not recompiled for win so far.
Source is included.

I guess I found out what the problem was... I was trying cemu --info in the "debugging configuration" of TL2, i.e., with it connected through the long cardedge connector, and the SIM in the TL2... Now I tried cemu with TL2 connected in the TP2 SIM connector and it worked... I guess in the debugging configuration cemu is not useful right?! (since there is nothing in the TP2 SIM connector).

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

This is not related, for debug you insert TL2 into the long card edge connector at the opposite site of USB of TP2. Maybe I'm wrong and you don't have L1 debug kernel in TL2. What is written on the TL2 bag label? Anyway we can send you debug kernel for TL2, easy to update with "btldr" command.
[/quote]

Yes, I do have debug kernel (at least it is hand written in TL2 label "L1 debug kernel"). I finally could make it. Don't know exactly what was happening, but trying the cemu, at some point I started to get "Cannot open application sim.trb", and then I found a post saying to clear programmer eprom (prog_apps -i) and reinstall sim.trb... and I have also reinstalled (or maybe just installed ?) the turboadapter.trb also...
And now when I run dbg I can see all messages between ME and "SIM"...

Then I have another question... What are the avrprog.trb, brum.trb and df.trb apps? Should I install these ones also? Anything else that I should do after a prog_apps -i?

Also, just to confirm if I understood right: cemu is used to communicate with anything in the SIM connector from TP2 (like installing apps in TL2 through it, installing apps in the Turbo SIMs, waivers, etc), while the prog_apps is used to communicate/install things in the TP2 itself. Is that right?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Okay. But can I use the simulity applet? Otherwise I would need to implement the low level here right? Anyway it is good to know that all the APDUs are in the

So you want to do something like we have on web? I.e. web interface to reader? Maybe you should contact simulity (nice guys) on legal use of this applet, etc.

Actually we still don't have a well defined scenario for the waver, so I was just trying to figure out what and how could I do something with it... Doesn't need to be on the web like you have... Just any way of using/accessing the reader (could be a stand-alone app, no problem).
pz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Wrong connector in Turbo Lite 2 ? Reply with quote

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Code:

Source is included.

I guess I found out what the problem was... I was trying cemu --info in the "debugging configuration" of TL2, i.e., with it connected through the long cardedge connector, and the SIM in the TL2... Now I tried cemu with TL2 connected in the TP2 SIM connector and it worked... I guess in the debugging configuration cemu is not useful right?! (since there is nothing in the TP2 SIM connector).
[/quote]

Yes, cemu with SIM connector, dbg with long one. btldr is possible with both.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, I do have debug kernel (at least it is hand written in TL2 label "L1 debug kernel"). I finally could make it. Don't know exactly what was happening, but trying the cemu, at some point I started to get "Cannot open application sim.trb", and then I found a post saying to clear programmer eprom (prog_apps -i) and reinstall sim.trb... and I have also reinstalled (or maybe just installed ?) the turboadapter.trb also...
And now when I run dbg I can see all messages between ME and "SIM"...

Quote:

Then I have another question... What are the avrprog.trb, brum.trb and df.trb apps? Should I install these ones also? Anything else that I should do after a prog_apps -i?

You don't need avrprog (generic AVR ISP), brum (BRUM devices) and df (DataFlash card). sim and turboadapter modules is enough.

Quote:

Also, just to confirm if I understood right: cemu is used to communicate with anything in the SIM connector from TP2 (like installing apps in TL2 through it, installing apps in the Turbo SIMs, waivers, etc), while the prog_apps is used to communicate/install things in the TP2 itself. Is that right?

Exactly.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Actually we still don't have a well defined scenario for the waver, so I was just trying to figure out what and how could I do something with it... Doesn't need to be on the web like you have... Just any way of using/accessing the reader (could be a stand-alone app, no problem).

You can use probably any contactless reader, as for tools e.g. gpshell (free, open source), jcsh (part of NXP jcop tools) etc. Waver has been tested with various POS'es, transportation gates and so.
bugra.hasbek

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Wrong connector in Turbo Lite 2 ? Reply with quote

dgallo wrote:

I dont know if it helps but sony ericcson model phones fit perfectly with TL 2. TL 2 also fits on nokia 3310 phones. You may have a look at them if you decide to use other than a motorola in the future
dgallo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Wrong connector in Turbo Lite 2 ? Reply with quote

bugra.hasbek wrote:
dgallo wrote:

I dont know if it helps but sony ericcson model phones fit perfectly with TL 2. TL 2 also fits on nokia 3310 phones. You may have a look at them if you decide to use other than a motorola in the future

Thanks bugra.hasbek for the info!
I found also a pretty old Nokia (1100a) where the TL2 fits
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: