bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Waver MCU

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dgallo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Waver MCU Reply with quote

Hi all,

I was trying to find what MCU does the Waver uses, but without success...
I found out that TurboSIM, TL2 and TP2 use the ATmega128 (ATMega128L I guess). First of all I would like to know if that information is correct. Second, I would like to know if Waver uses the same MCU or some other (seems smaller, though I didn't open the NFC enclosure to check).

What I want to know is how powerful are these micro-controllers, and also I would like to find out how powerful are the real SIM Cards from the operators, to be able to compare them. Anyone knows (or have any guesses) about what processor real SIM card uses?

Thanks,
Diego
bugra.hasbek

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Waver MCU Reply with quote

dgallo wrote:

I found out that TurboSIM, TL2 and TP2 use the ATmega128 (ATMega128L I guess). First of all I would like to know if that information is correct.

TL 2 manual mentions, TL 2 uses ATMega 128. TP 2 manual mentions, TP 2 uses ATMega 128L. So I guess your info is correct.

I have no idea about the rest of your questions. In my experience with turbo lite 2 and turbo motion 2, i haven't experienced any latency. Mobile phone worked as if I was using real sim card directly. so i guess there couldnt be a big difference between real sim's processor and tl 2 and tm 2's processor. Hope it helps
dgallo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Waver MCU Reply with quote

bugra.hasbek wrote:
dgallo wrote:

I found out that TurboSIM, TL2 and TP2 use the ATmega128 (ATMega128L I guess). First of all I would like to know if that information is correct.

TL 2 manual mentions, TL 2 uses ATMega 128. TP 2 manual mentions, TP 2 uses ATMega 128L. So I guess your info is correct.

I have no idea about the rest of your questions. In my experience with turbo lite 2 and turbo motion 2, i haven't experienced any latency. Mobile phone worked as if I was using real sim card directly. so i guess there couldnt be a big difference between real sim's processor and tl 2 and tm 2's processor. Hope it helps

Thanks bugra!

I just wanted to double check about TP2, since the manual (hardware guide) says that it have 256 kbytes extra SRAM, but in the ATmega specs they say "Up to 64K Bytes Optional External Memory Space"... So I got a bit confused...

Regarding the TSIM and Waver, anyone knows?

And about the real SIM processor, my question is to know if an application that runs alright in the TSIM or Waver would run (in terms of performance) well in a real SIM (my guess is that maybe the TSIM processor is much stronger than the one in the real SIM Wink. Obviously the app would have to be rewritten (I guess) and I'm presuming an agreement with the operator...

Any additional info is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Diego
pz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Waver MCU Reply with quote

dgallo wrote:
bugra.hasbek wrote:
dgallo wrote:

Thanks bugra!

I just wanted to double check about TP2, since the manual (hardware guide) says that it have 256 kbytes extra SRAM, but in the ATmega specs they say "Up to 64K Bytes Optional External Memory Space"... So I got a bit confused...

Correct, TP2 has extra 256KB RAM, it's more for buffering stuff, access is via special calls, bank switching.

Quote:

Regarding the TSIM and Waver, anyone knows?

Also m128.

Quote:

And about the real SIM processor, my question is to know if an application that runs alright in the TSIM or Waver would run (in terms of performance) well in a real SIM (my guess is that maybe the TSIM processor is much stronger than the one in the real SIM Wink. Obviously the app would have to be rewritten (I guess) and I'm presuming an agreement with the operator...

Any additional info is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Diego

It's all more/less the same. Normal SIM/smart card mcu's are usually something 8051 based.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: