bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Waver to Waver communication

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dgallo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Waver to Waver communication Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

I'm wondering if it would be possible to have two wavers communicating with one-another.

I know/guess that when using the waver with the Touchatag reader (i.e. through the NFC interface), power comes from the reader itself (since the waver actually works even without being connected to the phone). And when accessing some waver application through the phone menu (i.e. through the waver's "SIM interface"), power comes from the phone.
Since the waver has the capability to send and receive APDUs, I'm wondering if it would be possible for one waver, powered by the phone itself, to send APDUs through the NFC interface to another waver (also powered by the phone)...

Is that possible? What would be needed to make this possible?

Thanks!
Diego
ps. The waver demos are really nice. Is it possible to have the source code of these apps (wallet, id, etc.)? I manage to get only the binaries...
pz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Waver to Waver communication Reply with quote

dgallo wrote:
Hello everyone!

I'm wondering if it would be possible to have two wavers communicating with one-another.

I know/guess that when using the waver with the Touchatag reader (i.e. through the NFC interface), power comes from the reader itself (since the waver actually works even without being connected to the phone). And when accessing some waver application through the phone menu (i.e. through the waver's "SIM interface"), power comes from the phone.
Since the waver has the capability to send and receive APDUs, I'm wondering if it would be possible for one waver, powered by the phone itself, to send APDUs through the NFC interface to another waver (also powered by the phone)...

Is that possible? What would be needed to make this possible?

Not that easy, the chip(s) for having reader are completely different. Anyway we have developed such device (Kisser) about 2 years ago and we're thinking about its revival. We have long internal talks if it makes business sense, while it's very much wanted there are still big questions (esp. price and real business cases). The long fight over NFC is not about reader but card functionality and esp. secure element ownership/control - this is where the money are and what Waver focuses at. At least we think.

Quote:

Thanks!
Diego
ps. The waver demos are really nice. Is it possible to have the source code of these apps (wallet, id, etc.)? I manage to get only the binaries...

http://www.bladox.com/pub/wallet-0.4.tar.gz
http://www.bladox.com/pub/id-0.2.tar.gz
o4oxide

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the adoption of the LLCP protocol will this (waver to waver com) be possible now?
pz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waver is card only, i.e. not. But with Kisser yes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: