bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 Questions: Timers and menu problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
magic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject: 2 Questions: Timers and menu problem Reply with quote

Hi Together,

Maybe one of you can help me.

1) Timer
I want to trigger an SMS every 30minuntes. To do this the best way would be to use an timer. Does anyone of you know if I can use the ME Timers? can I use the ATMEL internal timers as well? if yes, how?

2) Sometimes if I do REFRESH command (any of them) I can't enter anymore into my Applet (on the Turbo too). I can see the main menu (Turbo, MyApplet) but if I press "Ok, choose etc." nothing happens.
What could be the reason?

Best,
Lukas
pz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 Questions: Timers and menu problem Reply with quote

magic wrote:
Hi Together,

1) Timer
I want to trigger an SMS every 30minuntes. To do this the best way would be to use an timer. Does anyone of you know if I can use the ME Timers? can I use the ATMEL internal timers as well? if yes, how?

I think the provide_local_info - time/date would be the best (supported by most phones). As for ME timers - yes, possible, but not that much supported.

As for internal MCU timer - they are useless for this, mostly because 99% of time the clocks are stopped by phone.

In AA we use only STATUS APDU - use the POLL INTERVAL cmd to
get the polling interval. Universal, works on all phones.

Quote:

2) Sometimes if I do REFRESH command (any of them) I can't enter anymore into my Applet (on the Turbo too). I can see the main menu (Turbo, MyApplet) but if I press "Ok, choose etc." nothing happens.

Best,
Lukas

What phone? What REFRESH? Do you have debug? It can be the phone, some have real problems with refresh.
P.
magic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 Questions: Timers and menu problem Reply with quote

Hi Pz,

pz wrote:
magic wrote:
Hi Together,

1) Timer

I think the provide_local_info - time/date would be the best (supported by most phones). As for ME timers - yes, possible, but not that much supported.

Currently I'm using the provide_local_info. The problem on my Sagem MyX5 is when the user skips Date/Time set procedure - then time timer is not running (always 00:00:00).

pz wrote:

As for internal MCU timer - they are useless for this, mostly because 99% of time the clocks are stopped by phone.

You're right.

pz wrote:

In AA we use only STATUS APDU - use the POLL INTERVAL cmd to
get the polling interval. Universal, works on all phones.

I have to try this, sounds good.

pz wrote:

magic wrote:

Best,
Lukas

What phone? What REFRESH? Do you have debug? It can be the phone, some have real problems with refresh.
P.

The phone I'me using is Sagem MyX5 (for testing) and Siemens S65. In both cases REFRESH command makes the Applet "unusable". Only REFRESH SIM RESET works perfectly.

Anyhow thank you for your reply.

Cheers,
Lukas
magic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: 2 Questions: Timers and menu problem Reply with quote

Hi Pz

Just FYI.

I've tried to use the ACTION_STATUS. Works perfectly. But...
If I try to set the delay on Siemens S35 - it works, if I do the same on Sagem MyX5 then after this procedure I can't get anymore into my applet (Turbo as well).
To set the Delay I've used the procedure from pager.c.
It looks that STK is implemented different on every phone model.

Last question: do you know what is the reason why I can't access anymore applets after executing command not supported by the phone (or not fully supported)? Is this an Turbo bug? can I avoid this somehow?

Cheers,
Lukas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: 2 Questions: Timers and menu problem Reply with quote

magic wrote:
Hi Pz

Just FYI.

I've tried to use the ACTION_STATUS. Works perfectly. But...
If I try to set the delay on Siemens S35 - it works, if I do the same on Sagem MyX5 then after this procedure I can't get anymore into my applet (Turbo as well).
To set the Delay I've used the procedure from pager.c.
It looks that STK is implemented different on every phone model.

Oh yeah, we could tell you horror stories about STK implementations.
On the other hand this command is quite old and usually flawless.
Can you post debug log?

Quote:

Last question: do you know what is the reason why I can't access anymore applets after executing command not supported by the phone (or not fully supported)? Is this an Turbo bug? can I avoid this somehow?

Cheers,
Lukas

It could be turbo bug (you can check this with raw kernel) but I would bet on ME bug. Anyway phone shouldn't hang after unsuported command, standard says Smile
Post debug.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: 2 Questions: Timers and menu problem Reply with quote

magic wrote:
Hi Pz,

[The phone I'me using is Sagem MyX5 (for testing) and Siemens S65. In both cases REFRESH command makes the Applet "unusable". Only REFRESH SIM RESET works perfectly.

Cheers,
Lukas

Hmm, I'm quite sure it's not ME in Siemens 65 case, they are quite good. Can you try the RAW kernel to get the debug log? If this works then it's in turbo. It can be also your sim card, cannot?
magic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: 2 Questions: Timers and menu problem Reply with quote

Hi Together

The S65 was an typo mistake, i meant S35.

I've tried to reproduce the "inaccessible applet" problem. This time with sms_send function. After X sent SMS correctly, the next one fails. On the ME I have the message "Sending SMS" but nothing happens. all I can do is to press the "hook off" button. Then I can use the phone (make calls, send sms) but my Applet (Turbo too) is not anymore accessible.

Here an trace when I'm trying to choose my Applet:
2.476 FROM ME: a0 c2 00 00 09
2.495 FROM ME: d3 07 82 02 01 81 90 01 03
2.495 TO ME: 90 00
--------------------------
Other interesting thing is that ME stopped to poll the SIM Card! (STATUS command).

What do you think guys, is it an STK problem on ME side or could be an Applet error? (for ex. memory overflow)

Thanks,
Lukas

Anonymous wrote:
magic wrote:
Hi Pz,

[The phone I'me using is Sagem MyX5 (for testing) and Siemens S65. In both cases REFRESH command makes the Applet "unusable". Only REFRESH SIM RESET works perfectly.

Cheers,
Lukas

Hmm, I'm quite sure it's not ME in Siemens 65 case, they are quite good. Can you try the RAW kernel to get the debug log? If this works then it's in turbo. It can be also your sim card, cannot?
pz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: 2 Questions: Timers and menu problem Reply with quote

magic wrote:
Hi Together

I've tried to reproduce the "inaccessible applet" problem. This time with sms_send function. After X sent SMS correctly, the next one fails. On the ME I have the message "Sending SMS" but nothing happens. all I can do is to press the "hook off" button. Then I can use the phone (make calls, send sms) but my Applet (Turbo too) is not anymore accessible.

Other interesting thing is that ME stopped to poll the SIM Card! (STATUS command).

What do you think guys, is it an STK problem on ME side or could be an Applet error? (for ex. memory overflow)

Thanks,
Lukas

Can you send as whole debug to info@bladox.com? Does it work with RAW kernel? It seems turbo is waiting for a terminal response and doesn't allow to launch any new stk command - this is to avoid multithreaded stk which makes many phones go bananas. So it is question what you are sending to ME and why ME doesn't answer.
magic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: 2 Questions: Timers and menu problem Reply with quote

pz wrote:
magic wrote:
Hi Together

Thanks,
Lukas

Can you send as whole debug to info@bladox.com? Does it work with RAW kernel? It seems turbo is waiting for a terminal response and doesn't allow to launch any new stk command - this is to avoid multithreaded stk which makes many phones go bananas. So it is question what you are sending to ME and why ME doesn't answer.

The logs and the Applet source you'll get in a moment per Email.
What I've found out is, that Turbo is not returning from send_sms function.
[...]
dbsp("Sending SMS\n");
send_sms(buf, r, ms, MSISDN_ADN, 0, 0, NULL, NULL);
dbsp("End of SMS send\n");
[...]

I can see in my debug log the "Sending SMS" string, but no "End of SMS send" (see end of the log, the first send_sms was working).

Could it be that there is a bug in the send_sms function? (specially that it happens after x times send_sms is executed).
The Kernel version I'm using is: kernel-L1-1.1.5.bin

BTW: I've have built in an protection to not execute twice send_sms function - CanSendSMS variable.

Thanks for your time,
Lukas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: