bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How does the TSIM2 boot?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeregrineFalcon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: How does the TSIM2 boot? Reply with quote

I am looking for some information pertaining to the boot process of the TSIM2.

I have purchased a set of TSIM2, TP2s, Waivers, and TL2s, and wanted to understand more how each of these boot.

At this time I'm trying to understand more about TSIM2 specifically. My kernel version on the TSIM2 is 1.5.7.

What address does the firmware begin execution upon boot?
Is execution transferred from a bootloader first?
Is most of the SIM Toolkit functionality implemented in the firmware?

Thanks,
-PF
pz

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The boot process varies per firmware used, we play with this one a lot. Why are you interested in this besides trying to reverse engineer our fw?

Yes, the STK is in kernel.
PeregrineFalcon

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I did find answers to most of my questions in your API docs Memory section as well as in the available Atmel documentation.

I am mostly curious because I am doing a comparison of the capabilities in order to decide how extensively the STK has been implemented within your product . I have high confidence that it will meet my needs, but at this point I don't have any thing to go by in making my decision except your documentation.

If you have any data on how 'well' or 'complete' your implementation of 11.14 is that may suffice.

As far as RE-ing. If I had a need it would only be to get a conclusive understanding of how complete the implementation is. This architecture is completely new to me, so I'm just trying to learn as much as possible at this point. I appreciate the response.

Ideally, I'm interested in having a low-level JTAG debugging interface in order to do more live debugging. Can you recommend anything to this end?

For completeness here are responses to my own questions for those curious:
1. According to the Atmel documentation the Bootldr handles this and as pz said it will differ across his fw versions.
2. Yes, see Atmel docs (Datasheet for ATmega128)
3. As pz reports, Yes it is in the firmware. (See public_calls)

Thanks,
-PF
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: