bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Auto Alarm scanning rate

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Auto Alarm scanning rate Reply with quote

How can I decrease the number of seconds auto alarm checks the
acdelerometer reading. It has a lower bound of 5 seconds and does not
let me decrease that further.

thanks
pz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the min/max interval that can be set is given by mobile phone itself. 5 sec is about that minimal value provided (some older nokias have about 20 sec).
In pages v2 we use different polling method and sampling is a few times per second but it has bad impact on battery life Sad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for your prompt reply.

you say "...pages v2..'' do you refer to some version of the firmware of auto alarm. I have 1.4. If you refer to different firmware, how can I download it and upload it to my module. I have a siemens phone (M45) and supports all the AT commands. I am not concerned on battery life.

I am trying to make it more sensitive. Its allready set to high sensitivity but due to the 5 sec someone might be working on my motorcycle, and I will get a sms only if the bike is actually moving, in which case it may give too little responce time.

thank you.
pz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pager v2 (typo, not pages) application, it's not accelerometer related. We always thought that 5 sec (even 25) is enough but if there would be interest we can implement same technique to AA too.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is certainly an interest due to the following reasons:
if the vehicle is moving, then there is no problem since 5 secs is enough. But
you want to avoid the situation with a stationary vehicle and someone working on it (to cut off the chain etc.) where there would be slight movements of the vehicle (say a motorcycle) which will problably not be caught by the alarm, since they will be for a short time interval (but continuous).

It would greatly improved the AA firmware, if you could just add this to its measuring algorithm and posting a new firmware for interest users to upload on their AA's. Since you allready have the code, it should not be of a great problem to do it.

thank you, and I hope you consider the above.

--Leonidas
pz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, it is on TODO. I'm not sure if it will be in version 2.0 because this one is almost finished incl. long testing but it will be in next.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: