bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Turbo Programmer 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nand Kumar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:42 am    Post subject: Turbo Programmer 2 Reply with quote

Hi All

I have got turbo programmer 2 kit for development purpose. I am in Hyderabad, India. I have SIM card of Hutch Service Provider. I have installed the binutils and gcc for AVR. I have also turbo-prog-util and turbo-devel downloaded form the bladox. I am able to compile the files and load into the turbo programmer.

My problem is that i am unable to see any output. How to check for the outputs.
My aim to to get the SIM Application Toolkit provided by the service provider.

What are the steps to follow along with the commands and how to debug for the same.
I am egarly waiting for sombodys reply. Because I am stuck and could not proceed any further. I will be very thankful to you all.

Thanks in Advance
Nand.
pz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Turbo Programmer 2 Reply with quote

Nand Kumar wrote:
Hi All

I have got turbo programmer 2 kit for development purpose. I am in Hyderabad, India. I have SIM card of Hutch Service Provider. I have installed the binutils and gcc for AVR. I have also turbo-prog-util and turbo-devel downloaded form the bladox. I am able to compile the files and load into the turbo programmer.

I'm slightly lost - while it is possbile to upload apps/modules to programmer these are not for SIM card or turbo device. It would be possible programmer to act as turbo emulator/debugger, i.e. upload stk apps into it but why if there is the real thing (turbo) and you can avoid emulation and see your app on the phone and connected to network.

It is possible to play with sim card (e.g. with sim_dump) and would be quite easy to write a specific tool to upload application into given sim but the problem is that you cannot do it (locked by operator) and you also don't have doc to the given sim (it may be whatever).

Quote:

My aim to to get the SIM Application Toolkit provided by the service provider.

Hmm, that may be impossible, operators don't allow it for general people, only operator can manage apps on SIM card. That's the reason we produce all the turbo family of devices - to allolw everybody to deploy own STK apps/solutions.

Quote:

What are the steps to follow along with the commands and how to debug for the same.
I am egarly waiting for sombodys reply. Because I am stuck and could not proceed any further. I will be very thankful to you all.

Thanks in Advance
Nand.

Could you please tell us what exactly you want to do?
pz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading my answer I see your "My aim to to get the SIM Application Toolkit provided by the service provider. "
STK is technology, operator (servce provider) provides SIM and also applications. Do you want to deploy your own apps or debug what SIM/operator is doing?
Nand Kumar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi pz

I have developed some code for my mobile for enabling the SIM Toolkit. i.e. From that code i will be able to see the "Idea Power" or "Hutch Alive" on my mobile and the corresponding SubActivities inside it. Now I want to debug it if there is any error or some logical error in it.

In this situation Is TP2 useful anyway. Or what is the way in that I can dubug my code either through GDB or something else.

Thanks
Nand.
pz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nand Kumar wrote:
Hi pz

I have developed some code for my mobile for enabling the SIM Toolkit. i.e. From that code i will be able to see the "Idea Power" or "Hutch Alive" on my mobile and the corresponding SubActivities inside it. Now I want to debug it if there is any error or some logical error in it.

In this situation Is TP2 useful anyway. Or what is the way in that I can dubug my code either through GDB or something else.

Thanks
Nand.

I'm getting to understand (at least I hope so). But for debugging ME<->SIM you would need also Turbo Lite 2. Unless you are developing the very low level protocol (ISO, APDUs). There are quite a lot of people using Turbo Programmer+Lite together to seeing what's going on between phone and SIM.
Nand Kumar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Can we store binary file on Turbo SIM / Normal SIM Reply with quote

Hi all

I want to store some kind of data in the form of binary file on the SIM. Is it possible ?
If yes then what are the possible ways in which it can be done.

Either in the Turbo SIM or the normal sim provided by the all the carrier.
Is there AT commands for reading and writing the binary file on the SIM.

Thanks in Advance
Nand.
pz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Can we store binary file on Turbo SIM / Normal SIM Reply with quote

Nand Kumar wrote:
Hi all

I want to store some kind of data in the form of binary file on the SIM. Is it possible ?

The file structure is predefined by vendor, i.e. you cannot create new file not existing on the card. But you can use e.g. EF_SMS - file for storing sms and use it for your data.

Quote:

If yes then what are the possible ways in which it can be done.

Either in the Turbo SIM or the normal sim provided by the all the carrier.
Is there AT commands for reading and writing the binary file on the SIM.

Thanks in Advance
Nand.

As always look at sim_dump source and 11.11. You are interested in READ_BINARY, UPDATE_BINARY and READ/UPDATE_RECORD.
Nand Kumar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Wavecom AT commands sequence for SIM Toolkit Reply with quote

Hi pz

I want to know the sequence of AT command for setting up the SIM Toolkit on my device.
I have refered the AT_Command_Guide.pdf.

The problem is that before sending the AT+STSF (configuring as well as activating), I am getting the STIN from SIM. What may be the possible reason for the same.

"AT+STSF=2,\"1F19FFFF7F\",,1;+STSF=1\r"

Can you put some light into it.

Thanks in Advance
Nand.
pz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is pretty specific not turbo/sim toolkit related question, can't help much.

What device (modem/phone) do you use?
hironbose

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: How to print hello world??? Reply with quote

I have got turbo programmer 2 kit for development purpose. I am in Hyderabad, India. I have SIM card of Hutch Service Provider. I have installed the binutils and gcc for AVR. I have also turbo-prog-util and turbo-devel downloaded form the bladox. I am able to compile the files and load into the turbo programmer (prog_apps -u helloworld.trb).

My problem is same Sad

So what command we should give for seeing the output???
pz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prog_apps util is for uploading application *into* the programmer, not into turbo device. Programmer also uses loadable modules/applications. If you use "prog_apps" you will ge what modules you have installed, your hellworld.trb will be probably also there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: