bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can I upload an app to sim in the phone?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alastair Rae

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Can I upload an app to sim in the phone? Reply with quote

I've been asked to develop a tool for prototyping some STK applications.

I have got a TurboProgrammer, Turbo SIM and Turbo Lite but I am not sure how they all fit together.

I can build and upload a trb app to the TS using cemu with the SIM+TS held in the TP. I can then transfer the SIM+TS to a phone and run the app. That's fine.

What I don't understand is how to use the Turbo Lite. I connect the TL to the TP and insert its dummy SIM into the phone. If I turn on the phone, it cannot detect a SIM. If I put the SIM+TS in the TL, it still cannot detect it and cemu --info gives "NO SIM".

Can I test trb programs without needing to move the SIM+TS back and forth between TP and phone?
pz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Can I upload an app to sim in the phone? Reply with quote

Alastair Rae wrote:
I've been asked to develop a tool for prototyping some STK applications.

I have got a TurboProgrammer, Turbo SIM and Turbo Lite but I am not sure how they all fit together.

I can build and upload a trb app to the TS using cemu with the SIM+TS held in the TP. I can then transfer the SIM+TS to a phone and run the app. That's fine.

What I don't understand is how to use the Turbo Lite. I connect the TL to the TP and insert its dummy SIM into the phone. If I turn on the phone, it cannot detect a SIM. If I put the SIM+TS in the TL, it still cannot detect it and cemu --info gives "NO SIM".

Insert SIM (without TSIM) into TL2, then TL2 flexible cable into the phone.

To load apps into TL2:
http://bladox.com/tutor_manage_apps.php?lang=en

To use TL2/TP2 for debugging:
http://bladox.com/tutor_tracing.php?lang=en

If the TL2+SIM doesn't work then something is wrong with TL2. The first aid is to reflash TL2 kernel:
http://bladox.com/tutor_flashing_kernel.php?lang=en

Quote:

Can I test trb programs without needing to move the SIM+TS back and forth between TP and phone?

No. For devel we recommend to use TL2.
Alastair Rae

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that.

So I still have to move the TL from the phone to the TP every time I change my app? I don't see the advantage of that. I guess I was hoping I could upload a new app without having to mess moving the SIM+TS.

Also my phone does not recognise the TL. It thinks it has no SIM. I tried the btldr to reflash but it just hangs.
pz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alastair Rae wrote:
Thanks for that.

So I still have to move the TL from the phone to the TP every time I change my app? I don't see the advantage of that. I guess I was hoping I could upload a new app without having to mess moving the SIM+TS.

You don't use TSIM together with TL2. Use just TL2, debug your app and then load it into TSIM.

Quote:

Also my phone does not recognise the TL. It thinks it has no SIM. I tried the btldr to reflash but it just hangs.

Then it's probably something wrong with the TL2. Write to info@bladox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: