bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SIM question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: SIM question Reply with quote

It has been said severla times in this forum that only GSM operators can actually upload new applications into SIM.

But if I do have a developer's SIM card (e.g. slb Simera), can I use it instead of operator's SIM? What exactly should be copied into new card? Is it even possible?
pz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assume you have smard card with GSM stack. with comp-128-1 algorithm implemeted and you want to connect into operator network woth comp-128-1 the crucial are two numbers:
1. IMSI - readable, you can get this value with simshell appllication
2. Ki - secret number locked in SIM known only to operator, in case of comp-128-1 there is not-so-brute force attack how to obtain this number

The IMSI and Ki are sufficient to conect to network, see fakesim application.
P.
eu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply pz! Excuse these stupid questions, I'm still trying to catch up with SIM specifics.

Can you please give me a clue how can I verify if there a GSM stack and comp-128-1 algorithm on my card (or simulator). Any pointers to the spec would be useful too.

Speaking about Ki number... is there are any references/materials on this weaknes?

Thank you in advance.
pz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eu wrote:
Thanks for your reply pz! Excuse these stupid questions, I'm still trying to catch up with SIM specifics.

Can you please give me a clue how can I verify if there a GSM stack and comp-128-1 algorithm on my card (or simulator). Any pointers to the spec would be useful too.

Speaking about Ki number... is there are any references/materials on this weaknes?

Thank you in advance.

Of course you vendor should tell you Smile

The first indication that your smartcard has GSM stack would be existence of DF_TELECOM and DF_GSM and required EF files. See the GSM 11.11 to find what is required. You can user some reader to browse them or
if you were lucky and your card worked in phone without logging to the network use the Turbo simshell application.

Try to see how you smardcard reacts to RUN GSM ALGORITHM APDU (again doc 11.11 at etsi.org).

As of what COMP128 (there are 1,2,3 versions) I am affraid you have no chance how to get this info and no one will tell you (unless you are operator and have money). I am sure you cannot come across unpersonalized card with COMP128 2/3 versions so if anything that will be version 1.

As of Ki google for "SIM cloning" or "A3A8 collision attack", etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: