bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USIM <--> 3G Handset ...problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ago

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: USIM <--> 3G Handset ...problem Reply with quote

Hi, using the Tprogrammer + Tnaked as logger we have the following result:

RESET

ERROR: NONGSM CMD

The handset used is the Samsung Z105, while the Nokia 6680 after receiving the same error proceeds using GSM commands.
We've tried using both kernel "kernel-L1-1.1.5.bin" or "kernel-raw-L1-1.1.5.bin".
As last chance I tried updating the programmer with the last firmware "tprog_kernel-3.1.0.bin".

Is the problem the naked kernel version?
Is possible to trace the 3G handset and USIM communication?

Thanks

Ago
pz

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: USIM <--> 3G Handset ...problem Reply with quote

Ago wrote:
Hi, using the Tprogrammer + Tnaked as logger we have the following result:

RESET

ERROR: NONGSM CMD

The handset used is the Samsung Z105, while the Nokia 6680 after receiving the same error proceeds using GSM commands.
We've tried using both kernel "kernel-L1-1.1.5.bin" or "kernel-raw-L1-1.1.5.bin".
As last chance I tried updating the programmer with the last firmware "tprog_kernel-3.1.0.bin".

Is the problem the naked kernel version?

As for now only CLA 0xA0 (GSM) is defined, some ME's (especially UMTS) use CLA 0x00 in the begining.

Quote:

Is possible to trace the 3G handset and USIM communication?

We are working on it, we have some preliminary version but it needs a little more time to clean/test.

Btw: Ago, I'm glad you came to forum, we answered all your emails from 3 different accounts but it always bounced as a spam:
>>> DATA
<<< 550 Error: Unwanted UCE Email
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable
X-I-Spam1-Detail: FORGED_RCVD_HELO,NO_REAL_NAME
Please try to fix this or mail us from different email.
magic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: baud Rate ME <-> SIM Reply with quote

Hi,

I have another request for you to implement into logger software - autobouding feature.
Currently only 9600 mode is supported, no autobouding. Unfortunately I've some MEs that can not be traced at 9600... if they are on 9600 then they are sending stupid commands like a0 b0 00 00 00. on 115200 everything works ok (I know - bug in ME firmware).

Anyhow, could you implement autobauding in next logger release?
Could you send me as well the latest version od kernel-L1 (logger) on my e-mail?

Best,
Magic
pz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: baud Rate ME <-> SIM Reply with quote

magic wrote:
Hi,

I have another request for you to implement into logger software - autobouding feature.

Currently only 9600 mode is supported, no autobouding. Unfortunately I've some MEs that can not be traced at 9600... if they are on 9600 then they are sending stupid commands like a0 b0 00 00 00. on 115200 everything works ok (I know - bug in ME firmware).

SM-ME interface is not about bauds, the speed definition is related to CLK frequency provided by ME. CLK is not specified, just in range. While most phones are ~3.something MHz there are faster/slower phones. Also the frequency can vary during operation, phone can slow down clocks to safe power.

Is the problem you mentioned happening on our tools, i.e wrong output with Turbo Programmer used with "dbg"? The problem there could be that Turbo sends chars faster than USB (prog) can receive and chars get lost. USB is fast for block transfers but not that fast for char by char transfers. Some buffering on prog side would help.

That it works better on faster speed than slower can be compatible with this because it fits better in USB frames.

Quote:

Please elaborate more what you mean by autobounding. Is your problem related to our tools or do you mean something generic?

Quote:

Could you send me as well the latest version od kernel-L1 (logger) on my e-mail?

Best,
Magic

Somehow cannot find your email in member profile, please send a mail to info.
magic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: baud Rate ME <-> SIM Reply with quote

pz wrote:
magic wrote:
Hi,

SM-ME interface is not about bauds, the speed definition is related to CLK frequency provided by ME. CLK is not specified, just in range. While most phones are ~3.something MHz there are faster/slower phones. Also the frequency can vary during operation, phone can slow down clocks to safe power.

Is the problem you mentioned happening on our tools, i.e wrong output with Turbo Programmer used with "dbg"? The problem there could be that Turbo sends chars faster than USB (prog) can receive and chars get lost. USB is fast for block transfers but not that fast for char by char transfers. Some buffering on prog side would help.

That it works better on faster speed than slower can be compatible with this because it fits better in USB frames.

Quote:

Please elaborate more what you mean by autobounding. Is your problem related to our tools or do you mean something generic?

Quote:

Best,
Magic

Somehow cannot find your email in member profile, please send a mail to info.

Thanks for your feedback.

With autobouding I mean the PPS procedure (11.11, version 8.3.0, chapter 5.8.2).
Normally, at SIM Power ON with standart clock frequency (3. something MHz) the baudrate is 9600. In the ATR Response you can read out "D" Parameter (Maximum Speed). Normally, after ATR the ME sends the PPS Request (FF 00 FF) and then if the response is OK, ME is switching to defined baudrate (for example 115200).

I've done it already in my App (RS232 <-> SIM Interface).
1. Set baud rate to 9600, do SIM Reset
2. check ATR
if higher speed supported, send PPS:
buf[0] = 0xFF;
buf[1] = 0x10;
buf[2] = 0x95;
buf[3] = 0x7A;
this are parameters for my Axalto SIM Cards
3. Change COM Baudrate to 115200

Can you implement this into your Adapter?

Let me know if you need any support / docs.

BTW: my email is deszynski at mysunrise . ch
pz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon, this has been implemented since the first turbo saw the light.
magic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pz wrote:

so how can you explain me the fact, that if I use Turbo Adapter (for tracing (L1 kernel) or just with applets) the communication ME <-> SIM is much slower than without Turbo Adapter inbetween?

What can I do to make it working faster?
(Just as Example, without Turbo Adapter - Sagem MyX5-R needs for startup ~30 Seconds, with Turbo Adapter (L1 Kernel, not connected to Turbo Programmer) ~140 Seconds)

Cheers,
Magic
pz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magic wrote:
pz wrote:

so how can you explain me the fact, that if I use Turbo Adapter (for tracing (L1 kernel) or just with applets) the communication ME <-> SIM is much slower than without Turbo Adapter inbetween?

Because the communication is in fact done twice, first between ME-Turbo, then Turbo-SIM.

Quote:

What can I do to make it working faster?
(Just as Example, without Turbo Adapter - Sagem MyX5-R needs for startup ~30 Seconds, with Turbo Adapter (L1 Kernel, not connected to Turbo Programmer) ~140 Seconds)

Cheers,
Magic

It would be visibly faster without L1 kernel, debugging slows it down quite a lot (sending all chars to SPI is not too fast, makes difference).
cyphunk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: is there an update on the NONGSM: CMD kernel issue Reply with quote

I am also getting this with running dbg with kernel TL2 L1 1.2.7. I have prog-utils 3.1.6 inside of Tavrix.

Is there another application i can use to see the communication at a lower level?

thanks
pz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the utilities in Tavrix should work they are very old. Why don't you use newer utils from download section?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: