bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Turbo motion 2 + GPS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rfsimoes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Turbo motion 2 + GPS Reply with quote

I've just received my turbo motion2 and i'm thinking about connecting it to a GPS for tracking.
I need some help here since I can't find any datasheet on your site for the TM2 (just for de TM1 right?).
This unit has a rs232 port thought to be used, for example, whith a gps unit. Do I need to build a interface?

rfsimoes from portugal
(no Cell-ID location info here...)
pz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Turbo motion 2 + GPS Reply with quote

rfsimoes wrote:
I've just received my turbo motion2 and i'm thinking about connecting it to a GPS for tracking.
I need some help here since I can't find any datasheet on your site for the TM2 (just for de TM1 right?).
This unit has a rs232 port thought to be used, for example, whith a gps unit. Do I need to build a interface?

rfsimoes from portugal
(no Cell-ID location info here...)

Updated i/o for AA aplication:

Opto In_0 IN_CENTRAL (TM2 only)
Opto In_1 IN_ALARM#1 (TM2 only)

Opto Out_0 OUT_BLOCK (TM2 only)
Opto Out_1 CONFIG_OPTO_OUT_1_PULSE or OUT_AIRCON (TM2 only)

P1 IN_CENTRAL (unused for TM2)
P2 IN_ALARM#2
P3 IN_ALARM#1 (unused for TM2)
P4 unused - IN_AIRCON
P5 IN_PANIC (was IN_USER) - for panic btn
P6 OUT_ALARM_BTN (was OUT_USER1) - pulse if alarm detected
P7 OUT_ACTIVATED (was OUT_USER2) - active if activated
P8 OUT_ALARM (was OUT_USER3) - active if alarm detected
P9 unused - OUT_USER4
P10 unused - OUT_RESET
P11 OUT_AIRCON (unused for TM2 if not CONFIG_OPTO_OUT_1_PULSE) - SMS co
ntrolled
P12 OUT_BLOCK (unused for TM2) - SMS controlled
P13 OUT_BRAKE - turn on brake lights before block

RS232 (read from optocouplers):
gnd
n.c.
n.c
rxd(in)
txd(out)

So for GPS you can just connect gnd and rxd. AA application recognized valid input and shows it/puts it into SMS automatically.
rfsimoes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Documentation Reply with quote

Hi again,

I finaly bouthg a wired GPS unit and I've beem spending hour's looking into the forum for more clarification on the pin-out off the TM2 untill I steped into this link: http://www.bladox.com/devel-docs/intern_hwd.html.
This was all I needed!
Am I mistaken or there isn't any link on the Bladox site to this precius and clear information?
I was about to connect the gps from the edge off the board because there's were I found the optocouplers, (fisicaly I mean). Looking at the picture I now realize what you mean by "read from optocouplers".
Well thanks any way, good site, good produts and good people.
pz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Documentation Reply with quote

rfsimoes wrote:
Hi again,

I finaly bouthg a wired GPS unit and I've beem spending hour's looking into the forum for

Sorry, sorry, it should be better. Sometimes we are slow/lazy with docs, TM2 is not the only one, there are more devices/apps not documented/published. Too much is going on...

Quote:

more clarification on the pin-out off the TM2 untill I steped into this link: http://www.bladox.com/devel-docs/intern_hwd.html.
This was all I needed!
Am I mistaken or there isn't any link on the Bladox site to this precius and clear information?

Probably not.

Quote:

I was about to connect the gps from the edge off the board because there's were I found the optocouplers, (fisicaly I mean). Looking at the picture I now realize what you mean by "read from optocouplers".
Well thanks any way, good site, good produts and good people.

Nice, thank you.
rfsimoes

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Turbo motion 2 + GPS + GPS.PI or GPS W.A.I.T. Reply with quote

Hi every one,

Has any one tried to use a Turbo motion2 to send sms to a software like GPS.PI?
http://www.jgui.net/gps/gpspi/index.html

I found this software very useful to use with Turbo motion2 but the sms string needs needs to be customised.
Does any one has any ideas how to have this work?

The basic idea is to use my Pocket PC to folow the turbo motion2 by sms strings with GPS location.
pz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be quite easy to modify alarm application to send format your software needs.
rfsimoes

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: SMS GPS string change Reply with quote

Is there anyone out there ho can easily modify and recompile turbo motion 2
program?
The modification is only on the sms string to be in the standard GPS.PI pocket PC program.

"This is a definition of the minimum message to write:
GPS;20.234567;10.112233;
Items inside this text are separated by ; and mean:
GPS; latitude value (minus for South hemi-sphere); longitude value (minus for West hemi-sphere);"

http://www.jgui.net/gps/gpspi/index.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: