bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TP 2 vs TP1

View previous topic :: View next topic  
semplice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: TP 2 vs TP1 Reply with quote

Hey

I found Turbo Programmer and Turbo Lite in Czech Republic but they say they have version 1 of TP - any differences betweeen 1 and 2?
I`d like to buy it and, since i live in Poland, buying from Czech is the better way (lower prices, cheaper shipment etc)
I also want to buy Turbo Lite to trace comm. SIM-ME.
And one more question - if i decide to write some apps on my own and upload them on SIM to test in real environment, do i need your Turbo SIM or i can do it with my operator`s SIM?
I know ouor operator uses a Smarttrust WIB solution.

Sorry if my English is a little bit "misleading" Smile

Greetings from Poland
Keep up the good work guys
Chris
pz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: TP 2 vs TP1 Reply with quote

semplice wrote:
Hey

I found Turbo Programmer and Turbo Lite in Czech Republic but they say they have version 1 of TP - any differences betweeen 1 and 2?

Original TP and TL are not being sold anymore, only TP2 and TL2.

TP2 has newly 2 connectors for BRUM modules - ieee802.15.4 radio modules (for now CC2420+m128).

As for TL2 look at datasheet - main difference are 2+2 i/o with optocouplers and "long" card edge connector as original Turbo Adapter. It can be used for debugging too (connected to TP) - it hasn't been possible with TL.

Quote:

I`d like to buy it and, since i live in Poland, buying from Czech is the better way (lower prices, cheaper shipment etc)

In fact all you buy will be from Czech Rep. - we are CZ company Smile

Quote:

I also want to buy Turbo Lite to trace comm. SIM-ME.

OK, you will need L1 debug kernel for this - raw hex, it's free. We have also L2 with better output, which is not free.

Quote:

And one more question - if i decide to write some apps on my own and upload them on SIM to test in real environment, do i need your Turbo SIM or i can do it with my operator`s SIM?

Turbo SIM is needed - or Turbo Mini, which is mcu on flexible tail and doesn't need sim cutting. To upload anything to operator sim you would need cooperation with operator (then you would probably not needed our devices).

Quote:

I know ouor operator uses a Smarttrust WIB solution.

Sorry if my English is a little bit "misleading" Smile

Greetings from Poland
Keep up the good work guys
Chris

Thank you.
semplice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: WIB Reply with quote

Are you familiar with this solution (WIB)? How does it work (they (smarttrust) say it is some kind of browser)
Why do you think that operators do not need your products?
I think that they check mobiles for SAT support - debugging is "a must have" for reliable testing process and your solution is, how to say, really cool Smile
Maybe "SAT debugger" would be a good product - a simple box that is connected to the ME and PC.
pz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: WIB Reply with quote

semplice wrote:
Are you familiar with this solution (WIB)? How does it work (they (smarttrust) say it is some kind of browser)

Maybe WAP via STK?

Quote:

Why do you think that operators do not need your products?
I think that they check mobiles for SAT support - debugging is "a must have" for reliable testing process and your solution is, how to say, really cool Smile
Maybe "SAT debugger" would be a good product - a simple box that is connected to the ME and PC.

Yes, we are selling some for this purpose. Maybe one day we will also market it this way Smile Now we are polishing Turbo BRA, which is really the coolest technology we have ever done so far.
semplice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:27 am    Post subject: Turbo BRA Reply with quote

And what would it be? I`m nost sure if i have seen this abbreviation on the web site...
pz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing on web yet, but see pic:

BRA is on tle left - includes CC2420 2.4GHz ieee802.15.4 radio (zigbee optional), 1.1mm thin, smaller than 2 sim cards, fits into most phones under plastic cover.

In the middle is Mini - Turbo SIM like device but no SIM cutting is needed. Like BRA without radio, mcu only.

The right one is BRUM - Bladox Radio Universal Module, again ieee802.15.4 radio, something BRA can communicate with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: