bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Auto alarm input output alarm information needed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
babylonx

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Auto alarm input output alarm information needed Reply with quote

I recently ordered my Bladox Auto Alarm module and I would like to ask about its I/O pins. Basically, I already have an alarm on my bike but its main unit is dead and this is the reason I have bought this. I do not have any special electronics knowledge but I know how to solder very well. I also know how to use simple electric components like resistors and relays. The schematics I found on the site are very complicated for me. So I would appreciate some help.

Now, I have the following questions.
1)My old alarm had a siren. Probably its a simple device that sounds when it receives 12 Volts DC. Is there any simple way to use it by using some type of relay?
2)My old alarm had a line connected to the "Key On +12 Volts" output. This means that when the bike key was on, the alarm received a +12 Volt current. This was used as an input for the alarm to be triggered when the bike is on while the alarm is armed (aka without permission). Is there any way to do this with this module?

Thank you in advance.

Edit:

About the output:
After some research I can now understand the two schematics. Which version do you recommend? The direct connection or the one with the external power? As far as I realized, TLP627 is a chip. Is it available in electronic components stores? Is it cheap? Which is the better option if I want to connect 2 or more relays?

Thank you!
pz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: Auto alarm input output alarm information needed Reply with quote

babylonx wrote:
I recently ordered my Bladox Auto Alarm module and I would like to ask about its I/O pins. Basically, I already have an alarm on my bike but its main unit is dead and this is the reason I have bought this. I do not have any special electronics knowledge but I know how to solder very well. I also know how to use simple electric components like resistors and relays. The schematics I found on the site are very complicated for me. So I would appreciate some help.

You get TM2, llike TL2 it has 2+2 optocouples i/o, ook at Pager v2 documentation.

Pinout, port use for AA:
Opto In_0 IN_CENTRAL (TM2 only)
Opto In_1 IN_ALARM#1 (TM2 only)

Opto Out_0 OUT_BLOCK (TM2 only)
Opto Out_1 CONFIG_OPTO_OUT_1_PULSE or OUT_AIRCON (TM2 only)

P1 IN_CENTRAL (unused for TM2)
P2 IN_ALARM#2
P3 IN_ALARM#1 (unused for TM2)
P4 unused - IN_AIRCON
P5 IN_PANIC (was IN_USER) - for panic btn
P6 OUT_ALARM_BTN (was OUT_USER1) - pulse if alarm detected
P7 OUT_ACTIVATED (was OUT_USER2) - active if activated
P8 OUT_ALARM (was OUT_USER3) - active if alarm detected
P9 OUT_CHARGER - to disconnect charger (about once a da
y), needed for some phones
P10 unused - OUT_RESET
P11 OUT_AIRCON (unused for TM2 if not CONFIG_OPTO_OUT_1_PULSE) - SMS co
ntrolled
P12 OUT_BLOCK (unused for TM2) - SMS controlled
P13 OUT_BRAKE - turn on brake lights before block

RS232:
gnd
rts(out)
cts(in)
rxd(in)
txd(out)

Quote:

Now, I have the following questions.
1)My old alarm had a siren. Probably its a simple device that sounds when it receives 12 Volts DC. Is there any simple way to use it by using some type of relay?

Yes, P8 - OUT_ALARM.

Quote:

2)My old alarm had a line connected to the "Key On +12 Volts" output. This means that when the bike key was on, the alarm received a +12 Volt current. This was used as an input for the alarm to be triggered when the bike is on while the alarm is armed (aka without permission). Is there any way to do this with this module?

Yes, Opto In_0 - IN_CENTRAL.
Quote:

Thank you in advance.

Edit:

About the output:
After some research I can now understand the two schematics. Which version do you recommend? The direct connection or the one with the external power? As far as I realized, TLP627 is a chip. Is it available in electronic components stores? Is it cheap? Which is the better option if I want to connect 2 or more relays?

Thank you!

You will not need it, just maybe one relay for the siren - P8.
babylonx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Auto alarm input output alarm information needed Reply with quote

Quote:
You get TM2, llike TL2 it has 2+2 optocouples i/o, ook at Pager v2 documentation.

Pinout, port use for AA:

P2 IN_ALARM#2
P4 unused - IN_AIRCON
P10 unused - OUT_RESET
ntrolled

RS232:
gnd
rts(out)
cts(in)
rxd(in)
txd(out)

Thank you for your quick answer!

Quote:
Yes, P8 - OUT_ALARM.

So I just need a 3V relay for the siren, right? Which two pins should I use? P8-VCC or P8-GND?

Quote:

I cannot understand the difference between opto I/Os and the non-opto I/Os. Should I just connect the bike's GND on the IN0- and 12VDC on the IN0+ input pins and it works?

Quote:

So the schematics were for the TM version? The TM2 version contains these opto-isolators? (I really do not know what an opto-isolator is!)

How about immobilization? What if I want a line to be cut when I arm the alarm? opto-isolated outputs or not? Do I need a relay and what kind of relay?

Thank you!
pz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto alarm input output alarm information needed Reply with quote

babylonx wrote:
Quote:

Pinout, port use for AA:

P2 IN_ALARM#2
P4 unused - IN_AIRCON
P10 unused - OUT_RESET
ntrolled

RS232:
gnd
rts(out)
cts(in)
rxd(in)
txd(out)

Thank you for your quick answer!

Quote:
Yes, P8 - OUT_ALARM.

So I just need a 3V relay for the siren, right? Which two pins should I use? P8-VCC or P8-GND?

Yes, P8-GND.

Quote:

Quote:

I cannot understand the difference between opto I/Os and the non-opto I/Os. Should I just connect the bike's GND on the IN0- and 12VDC on the IN0+ input pins and it works?

Like a relay optocoupler allows you to isolate 2 circuits, relay with coil, optocoupler internally consists of LED and phototransitor, i.e. you control light (LED) and the transistor is on/off. Optocouplers have lower consumption, are faster, etc.

Look at Pager v2/Turbo Lite 2 pdf, pages 14-15.

So yes, you connect it as you write.

Quote:

Quote:

So the schematics were for the TM version? The TM2 version contains these opto-isolators? (I really do not know what an opto-isolator is!)

The schematics is universal also for TM2 but only for the P1-P13. Some were moved to optocoupled ones and there it's easier for you to connect what you want.

Quote:

How about immobilization? What if I want a line to be cut when I arm the alarm? opto-isolated outputs or not? Do I need a relay and what kind of relay?

Thank you!

Yes, OUT_BLOCK - Opto OUT_0. Conenct a light to see how it behaves, is controlled by SMS.
babylonx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not received the module yet. I'm just building a schematic to create a circuit with all the inputs, and outputs on it.

I can understand about the inputs. They can tolerate any voltage 24VDC max. But the outputs? How do I configure the output voltage? Is it 3VDC? Please explain how do these opto-isolated outputs work! Thank you!
babylonx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have received the module now. I measured the Block output and still cant understand how it works. Using a multimeter I receive a 0.1 Volts output when its activated!

Thank you!
pz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like realy - just conenct some voltage and when activated you get it.
babylonx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I got it now. Thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: