bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Phones that support call activation feature!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
babylonx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Phones that support call activation feature! Reply with quote

Is there a list of phones that support call activation feature? My old 3310 does not support this. On the other hand, my 6230 supports it!

So before I buy a used phone that might not work, I would appreciate it if other users could share their information!

Or should I check for a feature that indicates that a phone supports it?
pz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Phones that support call activation feature! Reply with quote

babylonx wrote:
Is there a list of phones that support call activation feature? My old 3310 does not support this. On the other hand, my 6230 supports it!

So before I buy a used phone that might not work, I would appreciate it if other users could share their information!

We are trying to collect this info, list is available in notes on ME in devel docs. This is part of so called TERMINAL PROFILE - list of phone STK capabilities.

Nokia was the latest to support it, you are safe with e.g. siemenses. Do you need it for bike?

Quote:

Or should I check for a feature that indicates that a phone supports it?

Unfortunately vendors don't provide this info, the only way is to test it.
babylonx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I need it for a bike and I want to hide it in a place that is unreachable by all means so Activating/Deactivating it manually is out of the question. I have checked the list but didn't understand a lot. Should I resolve the terminal profile hex numbers into binary and then check the TERMINAL PROFILE page? Which ability from this list do I need? Thank you!
pz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

babylonx wrote:
Yes, I need it for a bike and I want to hide it in a place that is unreachable by all means so Activating/Deactivating it manually is out of the question. I have checked the list but didn't understand a lot. Should I resolve the terminal profile hex numbers into binary and then check the TERMINAL PROFILE page? Which ability from this list do I need? Thank you!

Yes, from TERMINAL PROFILE
http://www.bladox.com/devel-docs/term_prof.html you need:

# B5_1: Proactive SIM: SET UP EVENT LIST
# B5_2: Event: MT call

Cannot you control the alarm by some remote conencted to IN_CENTRAL? Or hidden button?
babylonx

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer using a phone that supports this future than having a button that anyone knowing it can access. I can find really cheap phones so thats not the problem. I have tried the following models: Nokia 3310, Nokia 5210, Nokia 6230, Samsung SGH-X200.

Worked: Nokia 6230, Samsung SGH-X200
Didn't work: Nokia 3310, Nokia 5210

About the TERMINAL PROFILE, or there is an error with the list or I can't understand something. My 6230 worked. According to the list its TERMINAL PROFILE is 5F 67 FF FF 11 00 00 14 44. The fifth byte is 11. Resolving this into bin system it is 00010001. First 2 bits are 00 so according to your answer it shouldn't work. But it works. Also my 5210 that didn't work has the TERMINAL PROFILE 0F 41 FF 77 11 00 00 00 00. The fifth byte is also 11. But it doesn't work!

Am I doing something wrong here?
pz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babylonx wrote:
I prefer using a phone that supports this future than having a button that anyone knowing it can access. I can find really cheap phones so thats not the problem. I have tried the following models: Nokia 3310, Nokia 5210, Nokia 6230, Samsung SGH-X200.

Worked: Nokia 6230, Samsung SGH-X200
Didn't work: Nokia 3310, Nokia 5210

About the TERMINAL PROFILE, or there is an error with the list or I can't understand something. My 6230 worked. According to the list its TERMINAL PROFILE is 5F 67 FF FF 11 00 00 14 44. The fifth byte is 11. Resolving this into bin system it is 00010001. First 2 bits are 00 so according to your answer it shouldn't work. But it works. Also my 5210 that didn't work has the TERMINAL PROFILE 0F 41 FF 77 11 00 00 00 00. The fifth byte is also 11. But it doesn't work!

Am I doing something wrong here?

Trust no one. Sometimes vendors lie, the case it works and shouldn't is the better one, there are also devices claiming support but not really implementing it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: