bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Important Iphone question!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
szamitogep

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I'm in Hungary too, with iPhone and TurboSim arriving on tuesday (because of 20th Aug Holiday) how do I contact you?
sxt173

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, is it true that there is no way of using the TSIM method if you also do not have a valid ATT SIM?

any ideas?
p9939068

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "isa" tutorial has been updated to allow for that possibility.
baomobile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sxt173 wrote:
so, is it true that there is no way of using the TSIM method if you also do not have a valid ATT SIM?

any ideas?

yup,Tsim methol is not working without ATT sim.You need ATT or Cingular simcard to be making Tsim works
good luck
mikaella

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: turbosim & At&t Sim Card... Reply with quote

I want to clarify some issues to which i never found a clear answer on any forum.

1. EACH iPhone comes with a valid AT&T inserted. When you buy it, you're supposed to activate it using iTunes. If you bought one on the black market, the seller might have kept it... but there must have been one!

Even so, you could go through the entire process of activating and turbosim-ing, since all the info you need (imei & iccd) are printed on a label on the bottom of your iPhone box. But, it's a bit more difficult.

2. You do not need to go through official activation in order to use TurboSim.

You just need the sim to get some info from it when configuring the turbosim.

3. When you activate the iPhone for the first time, do so it using iASIGN (win) or the cute little piece of software iActivator (osx) There are enough tutorials on this. I did it using iActivator.

(i dont know if any other methods work. i had mine activated using DVD John method the first time. Before turbosim-ing i had it completely restored by iTunes and proceeded with iActivator.

4. TurboSim works with iphone firmware update 1.0.1 and itunes 7.3.2. I wouldn't allow any futurre software updates until it's clear that they don't affect the TS workaround.

5. To get YouTube / yahoo / gmail working you still have to use dedicated procedures (check out the other forum...)

6. I had no problems whatsoever going through the whole process and having call in/out, edge/gprs, sms in/out working on Vodafone.

(edit...)
7. WiFi Issue. (in my case) I've had my iPhone for a month before the turbosim arrived. During this time I used all the other functions: internet over wifi, ipod, even youtube. WiFi worked flawlessly on any router, on any network: private or public, Unprotected, WEP or WPA... didn't matter. After starting to use the TurboSim workaround, something started to go wrong.

WiFi did connect to my home network, but i could not access anything. iPhone displayed the wifi signal icon, the network info said: connected, correctly displaying IP settings... i could even access it through ssh but the iphone just didn't get outside my local network. but now... EDGE worked and the iPhone automatically reverted to edge to go online. From what i've read on other forums and even on Apple's official support forum, there seems to be a general issue with the DHCP not assigning correctly the DNS. I manually specified public DNS addresses: 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

8. Jailbreaking. I keep my iPhone jailbroken all the time and there's no problem syncing with iTunes or using any function. I even deactivated it with the turbosim inserted, reactivated it and it's still okay. (for now... Very Happy firmware 1.0.1 and iTunes 7.3.2)

hope these help...

PS: Thank you, Bladox, i received my turbosim. (ordered on aug. 14, just before the closing of the e-shop Smile )

Last edited by mikaella on Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
sxt173

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: turbosim & At&t Sim Card... Reply with quote

mikaella wrote:
I want to clarify some issues to which i never found a clear answer on any forum.

1. EACH iPhone comes with a valid AT&T inserted. When you buy it, you're supposed to activate it using iTunes. If you bought one on the black market, the seller might have kept it... but there must have been one!

Even so, you could go through the entire process of activating and turbosim-ing, since all the info you need (imei & iccd) are printed on a label on the bottom of your iPhone box. But, it's a bit more difficult.

2. You do not need to go through official activation in order to use TurboSim.

You just need the sim to get some info from it when configuring the turbosim.

3. When you activate the iPhone for the first time, so it using iASIGN (win) or the cute little piece of software iActivator (osx) There are enough tutorial on this. I did it using iActivator.

(i dont know if any other methods work. i had mine activated using DVD John method the first time. Before turbosim-ing i had it completely restored by iTunes and proceeded with iActivator.

4. TurboSim works with iphone firmware update 1.0.1 and itunes 7.3.2. I wouldn't allow any futurre software updates until it's clear that they don't affect the TS workaround.

5. To get YouTube / yahoo / gmail working you still have to use dedicated procedures (check out the other forum...)

6. I had no problems whatsoever going through the whole process and having call in/out, edge/gprs, sms in/out working on Vodafone.

hope this helps...

PS: Thank you, Bladox, i received my turbosim. (ordered on aug. 14, just before the closing of the e-shop Smile )

Thanks very much for this! It was a bit confusing since nobody ever mentioned this flat out. Also, believe it or not, I have actually not taken the phone's plastic protective wrap off to note if there was a SIM card in there or not Wink

Guess it's time to order my TurboSIM.
whajj

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have my TurboSiM arriving tmrw... before i start.. here's my situation:

1) i have a FULLY activated iPhone with AT&T
2) I do not wish to deactivate this subscription
3) i do not mind cutting SIM cards (AT&T or others)
4) I would like to unlock the iPhone to be able to use other SIM's

Given above, would i need to use any of the activation methods (DVD John, iActivator..etc)? Or is it just a qustion of moving info from AT&T Sim to the Turbo SIM..

PLEASE CLARIFY!
p9939068

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the tutorial:
Quote:
iPhone activated using your own AT&T SIM's token

which you already have. Congrats, you have fulfilled 1 out of the 4 prerequisites.
wheresmyorderplease

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mikaella for that information. Much appreciated, especially the rather frightening possibility of problems with WIFI and the Turbosim. Crying or Very sad
p9939068

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok ISA tutorial back up and has been tested to work: http://iphone.simbunch.com/turbosim.php

Please report your results, thanks Smile
Globe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:55 am    Post subject: How to open a SSH command line Reply with quote

My TurboSIM should arrive today and I want to be ready. I understand so far everything but how and where do I open an SSH command line. What programm? On my OSX Mac or on the iPhone?
eswede

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

p9939068 wrote:
Ok ISA tutorial back up and has been tested to work: http://iphone.simbunch.com/turbosim.php

Please report your results, thanks Smile

What is new in isa 0.93?
zcevaro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:09 am    Post subject: Contact Reply with quote

szamitogep wrote:
Hello, I'm in Hungary too, with iPhone and TurboSim arriving on tuesday (because of 20th Aug Holiday) how do I contact you?

Hello,
you can write me pneuserv@euroweb.hu
mikaella

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wheresmyorderplease wrote:
Thanks Mikaella for that information. Much appreciated, especially the rather frightening possibility of problems with WIFI and the Turbosim. Crying or Very sad

Welcome... i think the WIFI problems aren't TurboSim related, but to the iphone in general. many at&t users complain about this on the Apple forums...
dgold105

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Nokia 6230i instructions Reply with quote

I was wondering if someone could tell me exactly how I use the 6230 to get applesaft on to my turboSIM. I have seen such instructions for the RAZR but not the 6230. Do I need to use the turbo cable utils file as wel?

Also - had anyone got the turbo sim method working with Optus in Australia?

Thanks,

David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 22 of 25

Jump to: