bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Important Iphone question!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jose

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Who would guess there is such interest in unlocking iphone...

it's a great device and many people are frustrated outside the US not to be able to use it !

Also, have look here: #iphone @ irc.osx86.hu
Efforts are being made since the day the iPhone was released in the US, to unlock it and be able to use any carrier.
hubbards

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pz wrote:
ozbimmer wrote:
i don't think most of the people who write here uses Turbo SIM with iphone. If you need to make your decision of buying an iphone based on the result of the program posted then I think it would take a while to verify that the turbo sim method is working fine.

my turbo sim is arriving soon. will post result with applesaft.

Exactly, please wait if you can. We are also close to collapse, we are getting short of goods but the main problem is we are not big eshop - packaging, preparing parcels, shipping is bottleneck. We do what we can but because of people having vacations it takes time. So please be patient.

As for pieces - we have own production line, which is unfortunately working on different devices. We are switching to Turbo SIM production as fast as we can.

FOR PZ: I appreciate that you must be swamped what with all this interest. I have one important question re. ordering. I notice you have two shipping options at 2checkout - 1 for regular mail (delivery 2 wks) and the other option is for FedEx. The FedEx option is quite costly at 80 Euros. My question is - if I pay the 80 Euros how long will it take from the time of payment for me to receive the Turbo SIM - FedEx Express takes apprx 3 days anywhere in the world, so assuming you have stock and ship promptly I should have it in less than a week correct? Please advise. Thanks!
pz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hubbards wrote:
pz wrote:
ozbimmer wrote:
i don't think most of the people who write here uses Turbo SIM with iphone. If you need to make your decision of buying an iphone based on the result of the program posted then I think it would take a while to verify that the turbo sim method is working fine.

my turbo sim is arriving soon. will post result with applesaft.

Exactly, please wait if you can. We are also close to collapse, we are getting short of goods but the main problem is we are not big eshop - packaging, preparing parcels, shipping is bottleneck. We do what we can but because of people having vacations it takes time. So please be patient.

As for pieces - we have own production line, which is unfortunately working on different devices. We are switching to Turbo SIM production as fast as we can.

FOR PZ: I appreciate that you must be swamped what with all this interest. I have one important question re. ordering. I notice you have two shipping options at 2checkout - 1 for regular mail (delivery 2 wks) and the other option is for FedEx. The FedEx option is quite costly at 80 Euros. My question is - if I pay the 80 Euros how long will it take from the time of payment for me to receive the Turbo SIM - FedEx Express takes apprx 3 days anywhere in the world, so assuming you have stock and ship promptly I should have it in less than a week correct? Please advise. Thanks!

We prioritize such orders, we need some time for preparation once we get green light from 2co (can be some delay depending on country, fraud checks and who knows what), then we ship. We use DHL, not Fedex as stated in eshop (need to correct this), and yes, it's usually about 3 days worldwide. Please use this option for overseas - while post service is usually fast, local customs not, we expereinced delays for weeks just because of lazy customs - nothing we can do with. With DHL there is not such an issue.

One more reason we are slower now is because we have to reflash firmware to 1.2.7 version, re-test, etc.
token.stranger

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pz,

Thanx for the input. I hope the 2 weeks will be a realistic estimation.

I do have one question though. If during the loading the program to the Turbo SIM, and something screws up, is the chip re-writable?
healeydave

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehehe, PZ, I told you what would happen Smile

I like the quote "we are moving production line to work on turbo sim" hehe.

What has happened in the last 48 hours will be nothing compared to what will happen after the first person successfully reports back with a working turbo sim!!

Regs
Dave.
P.S.
I'm hoping mine was one of the ones sent yesterday....can't wait Smile
dragon-tmd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE question is, does the Turbo SIM physically fit into the small iPhone SIM-slot?

I think Turbo SIM and Adapter are too "thickly" for the small slot.
healeydave

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pz wrote:
There is a new menu item - user interface, you will see all there.

Where is this?
pz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dragon-tmd wrote:
THE question is, does the Turbo SIM physically fit into the small iPhone SIM-slot?

The black pad of Turbo SIM (PCB) is only about 0.1mm thin, standard says that SIM should be 0.9-1.1mm, in practise usually bellow/at 1mm. The problem could be only with really thick SIM cards, we saw few above 1.1mm - often just bad/too thick paint. In this worst case you could lower the SIM card with sand paper. But this should be needed.

We don't have iphone and couldn't test this before.
pz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

healeydave wrote:
pz wrote:
There is a new menu item - user interface, you will see all there.

Where is this?

This menu appears only if SIM card with STK application is inserted, it's labeled something like "SIM Applications". I vaguely remember it's in something like phone setup (or how iphone call it), close to ATT applications (voicemail setup, etc.). I think it's Icon->Tab and then roll down. You have to scroll, it's not immediately visible. Maybe somewhere close to PIN settings. I really remeber only vaguely/visually.
ozbimmer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are right, pz. it's in settings>phone>Sim application
dragon-tmd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pz wrote:
dragon-tmd wrote:

The black pad of Turbo SIM (PCB) is only about 0.1mm thin, standard says that SIM should be 0.9-1.1mm, in practise usually bellow/at 1mm. The problem could be only with really thick SIM cards, we saw few above 1.1mm - often just bad/too thick paint. In this worst case you could lower the SIM card with sand paper. But this should be needed.

We don't have iphone and couldn't test this before.
Thanks for the super fast answer. Just ordered one with FedEx (DHL) shipment to Germany. Will test and report. If it works, you'll be a rich man within some weeks Very Happy
ozbimmer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am sure apple will remind him how "rich" he is Smile
phamoui

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: 2 pZ Reply with quote

Hi pZ

I buy 3 units of Turbo sim and 1 unit of mini. The delivery is to brazil. (Express DHL). Can you put a lower price at the invoice for me? The taxes here in brazil are very high for products more them 50USD.

You hope you sollution works, ozbimmer did you tested already?

Nice to see iPhone Devs here!!
ozbimmer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haven't tried it yet Smile

BTW, who's the iphone devs here?

Last edited by ozbimmer on Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
SvampireD

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozbimmer wrote:
have tried it yet Smile

BTW, who's the iphone devs here?

So ozbimmer was it succesfull testing with the TurboSim?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 4 of 25

Jump to: