bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about property of STK and what it can be used for

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tetaran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Question about property of STK and what it can be used for Reply with quote

Hello,
I don?t have much experience with STK and will appreciate your knowledgeable clarifications of on following:
1. Is it possible to use STK to deploy full scale j2me application into mobile phone? As far as I understand if such deployment is possible then such application should be natively ?trusted? without any additional trust certificates.
2. Is it possible for j2me application to initiate STK application or vice versa? Is it possible to exchange date between STK application and j2me application deployed on mobile phone?
3. Can STK application be used to exchange data between two mobile phones via GPRS channel (both mobile phones can be logged into same web-server)? Is it possible to use STK for: live remote controlling, sensor reading, GPS location coordinate exchange (or any similar applications) between mobile phones?
pz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Question about property of STK and what it can be used f Reply with quote

tetaran wrote:
Hello,
I don?t have much experience with STK and will appreciate your knowledgeable clarifications of on following:
1. Is it possible to use STK to deploy full scale j2me application into mobile phone? As far as I understand if such deployment is possible then such application should be natively ?trusted? without any additional trust certificates.

No, this is not related. STK can't push anything to phone to install.

Quote:

2. Is it possible for j2me application to initiate STK application or vice versa? Is it possible to exchange date between STK application and j2me application deployed on mobile phone?

J2ME can use JSR177 APDU to access SIM and/or STK. Look for JSR177 specs.

Quote:

3. Can STK application be used to exchange data between two mobile phones via GPRS channel (both mobile phones can be logged into same web-server)? Is it possible to use STK for: live remote controlling, sensor reading, GPS location coordinate exchange (or any similar applications) between mobile phones?

There are many things in STK standard but rarely/never implemented, e.g. access to BT that could be used for what you describe. STK can open network channel (be it GPRS/.../Wifi - depends on phone/user what is opened). Some phones do support it nicely, some not.
tetan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Question about property of STK and what it can be used f Reply with quote

pz wrote:
There are many things in STK standard but rarely/never implemented, e.g. access to BT that could be used for what you describe. STK can open network channel (be it GPRS/.../Wifi - depends on phone/user what is opened). Some phones do support it nicely, some not.

Well, it seems I have found something that I was looking for! Smile
I'll be emailing you shortly to continue this discussion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: