bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TurboSim - Problems with n3 Simcards on iPhone
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragon-tmd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: TurboSim - Problems with n3 Simcards on iPhone Reply with quote

I tested several n3 Simcards (newest generation SIM) with TurboSim on the iPhone:

This combination does not work, after some seconds you'll loose the connection to your provider. You'll have to switch off/on the iPhone and after that, it works for some seconds again.

Looks like a problem with the TurboSim, since my older cards are working fine ... The n3 Simcards are working fine in others mobiles, too.
pz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is n3 card? What country, operator? Please provide more info.
dragon-tmd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pz wrote:
What is n3 card? What country, operator? Please provide more info.

Have a look a this picture, it is a T-Mobile based SIM from Germany. Seems, that ALL newer T-Mobile (and their Providercards) SIMs in Germany do not work on TurboSim.

The small n3 indicates the "generation" of the SIM. It will book in, but instantly book out of the T-Mobile Network. The card is working fine in other mobiles.
Priority

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wenn du phoonehouse einfach mal anrufst??? die haben 24 std hotline.....
dragon-tmd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Priority wrote:
It's NOT the fault of the provider since EVERY n3 card is NOT working on TurboSim/iPhone.

The funny thing is:

1. You start the iPhone with a working simcard (e.g. o2).
2. The moment the card booked in, you swap it with the n3 simcard.
3. Now the TurboSim/iPhne is working with the n3 simcard

until you switch your iPhone off. After that you have to repeat with step 1.

Is it iPhone or TurboSim related?
pz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dragon-tmd wrote:
Priority wrote:
It's NOT the fault of the provider since EVERY n3 card is NOT working on TurboSim/iPhone.

The funny thing is:

1. You start the iPhone with a working simcard (e.g. o2).
2. The moment the card booked in, you swap it with the n3 simcard.
3. Now the TurboSim/iPhne is working with the n3 simcard

until you switch your iPhone off. After that you have to repeat with step 1.

Is it iPhone or TurboSim related?

You can really swap cards on the fly? Interesting iphone feature.

Anyway it seems something ATR (reset) related, N3 probably support some feature we haven't tested/implemented yet. It's about combination of iphone+N3, in some other phones TSIM with N3 may work.

Anyway we need to put our hands on this card to see what's up. Anybody wants to exchange this card for TSIM?
tmoore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pz wrote:

Anyway we need to put our hands on this card to see what's up. Anybody wants to exchange this card for TSIM?

Hi pz,

does your offer still stand? I would be delighted to exchange a n3 sim for a TSIM (will check SIM to be sure when I get home).

best regards
tmoore
3rdfloor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi dragon

verkaufst du mir deine turbosim? komme aus der schweiz und könnte eine gebrauchen... till the bladox-guys are ready with the new turbos iphone will be released in switzerland...

dragon pls. pm!
pz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tmoore wrote:
pz wrote:

Hi pz,

does your offer still stand? I would be delighted to exchange a n3 sim for a TSIM (will check SIM to be sure when I get home).

best regards
tmoore

Yup! Drop a line to info@....

On hack... forum someone reported n3 works so I don't know if this is really issue.
sado

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
i am from germany and i use turbo sim with a n3 t-mobile germany simcard with iphone firmware 1.0.1 i had problems but now i update firmware to 1.0.2 and turbo sim with n3 card works very well since 4 days
and thank you pz for great solution with turbo sim
dragon-tmd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sado wrote:
hi
i am from germany and i use turbo sim with a n3 t-mobile germany simcard with iphone firmware 1.0.1 i had problems but now i update firmware to 1.0.2 and turbo sim with n3 card works very well since 4 days
and thank you pz for great solution with turbo sim
Did you turn off your iPhone meanwhile? Does it still work, after you turned it off/on?

I'm using firmware 1.0 ...

And will not sell my TSIM!
sado

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i turned off and on many times and no problems
first i updated from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2 with i tunes than jailbreak it and used iasign method to activate it (no iactivator or any other activation tools)
for turbo sim i used a old nokia 6021 connection over irda modem
exile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same exact problem with a SIM visually the same as the n3 shown here. After swapping it to a newer type of 3g sim card (visually the same as the one that AT&T had) I still had the problem.

Personally, I don't think that this is TSIMs problem but the way the network registers the device and checks for the IMEI. It might be that the specific network doesn't have the Apple IMEI ranges enabled or similar problem.

I myself got the device working in the troubled network after couple of days (without doing anything special) but I'd recommend checking from the operator that is the IMEI of your device in their enabled list or not. I'd suspect that they receive an event for such things and that the IMEI range was enabled for Apple devices so that after waiting a bit I was able to register to the network.

Further more, while debugging the problem I also were able to hot-swap the cards with a working operator and the phone actually stayed in the network - but I was at that time unable to call out from the phone (giving 3 short signals to indicate a failed call) and when trying an inbound call, the call was not connected and a voice told me that the number is in a "forbidden" list. TSIM + the card in another phone worked ok.
jbsolutios

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same issue in the UK. It only happens with the T-Mobile SIM, not with Orange.

If you boot up with the Orange SIM and then swap for the T-Mobile without rebooting, it works fine.

Can anyone else confirm this please?

Many thanks

John
counthenry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem. Fix: Persuade T-Mobile to TURN OFF:

- multisim
- blackberry service

- WAIT 1 Day

now its working without any problems. Im using an N3 card on the T-Mobile Network in Berlin. Something to explore maybe....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: