bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TurboSim - Problems with n3 Simcards on iPhone
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tsetse

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tsetse wrote:
I have the same issue.

iPhone UK fw 1.1.2 with TurboSim

After putting in the TSim the phone connects to my provider (yesss/Austria). It has good service for about one minute. Making calls works well.
Then the service drops (the little lines disappear but it still displays the name of the carrier). About a minute later the phone states: No SIM installed.

Pulling out the SIM and put it back in makes it work again but the same thing follows after a while.

I also thought that it might be a mechanical issue so I took well care about a good fit of my own SIM with the turboSim and cleaned the contacts. Still the same thing.

What would you suggest? Should I try an other SIM card?

I've tried the TSIM-Yesss Sim combination in an other phone (MotorollaF3) and it does some strange things but it seems to work.
"Strange things":
When starting the phone it flashes the name of the provider (Yesss) then switches to the clock (usual) then flashes the Yesss again and switches to the clock again. This switching happens about 3 times.
But calling seems to work well. I'll keep an eye on this and keep reporting here.

[b]EDIT: Nono, it also doesn't work on the Motorola F3. It just stayed in the network longer than 10 minutes. Now the phone states: No Sim3 - 010.
I guess thats good news for the iPhone users.[/b]

Did someone actually bring an Austrian Yesss Sim to work constantly with TSIM and iPhone on 1.1.2 ? This shouldn't be a problem, right?
Is it possible that the newer iPhone-FW has some kind og built-in lock against TSIMs? Wouldn't it then be the same problem for all SIM cards? So it sort of HAS to be a [iPhone-TSim-Simcard-generation] combination problem.

BTW:
On the SIMcard i dont find any n3. It shows me some numbers on the part that I needed to cut off to fit the TSIM. Thats written on the sim:

203-5

I'll try an other yesss-sim today. It might be the same generation like mine because it was purchased only some time after mine but I will still try. If it works I will get myself a newer sim-card from yesss.

EDIT:
Done!
I tried an other SIM from the same provider and it worked! (Sorry for cutting your sim, Verena. I hope you will get over it. Wink )
So I got a new sim with a different number and thisone also works fine (so far).

So I have a 100% non-Bladox-compatible SIM here, that I would be able to send to you guys at Bladox. Please PM me...

Last edited by tsetse on Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:39 am; edited 2 times in total
tsetse

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

exile wrote:
I had the same exact problem with a SIM visually the same as the n3 shown here. After swapping it to a newer type of 3g sim card (visually the same as the one that AT&T had) I still had the problem.

Personally, I don't think that this is TSIMs problem but the way the network registers the device and checks for the IMEI. It might be that the specific network doesn't have the Apple IMEI ranges enabled or similar problem.

If it is a network-specific problem, I think it shouldn't work with an other Phone aswell.

I myself got the device working in the troubled network after couple of days (without doing anything special) but I'd recommend checking from the operator that is the IMEI of your device in their enabled list or not. I'd suspect that they receive an event for such things and that the IMEI range was enabled for Apple devices so that after waiting a bit I was able to register to the network.

What did actually change between the working and non-working setup? I didn't get that. Do you think your provider updated the allowed IMEI-list in the meanwhile?

Further more, while debugging the problem I also were able to hot-swap the cards with a working operator and the phone actually stayed in the network - but I was at that time unable to call out from the phone (giving 3 short signals to indicate a failed call) and when trying an inbound call, the call was not connected and a voice told me that the number is in a "forbidden" list. TSIM + the card in another phone worked ok.
pz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This really looks like a combination of SIM+TSIM+phone+network. Probrably quite complicated one and without having this SIM+problematic phone and using some analyzer we cannot do much.
tsetse

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pz wrote:
This really looks like a combination of SIM+TSIM+phone+network. Probrably quite complicated one and without having this SIM+problematic phone and using some analyzer we cannot do much.

I do not think it is a problem of combination of SIM+TSIM+phone+network but only a problem of TSIM with a specific generation of SIM-cards.
Because:
1.) the TSIM works with other sim-cards in the same network (i tried 3 different austrian yesss sims, two of them are working with the TSIM. Only one does the disconnecting-thing after a while)
2.) I tried the TSIM with the troubled yesss-sim in three different phones (Motorolla and Ericsson and iPhone) and ALL of them disconnected from the network after a while.

This really looks like some kind of bug of the TSIM in combination with a very specific type of simcard. Do the numbers on the Simcard (i've posted them above) give you some kind of information regarding the type?

If you really want to touch this problem, I could send the SIM to you. Send me a message, so that we can work the details out quickly. My email-adress is stored in my profile.
burningspear

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Doesn't seem to be an TSIM Problem at all Reply with quote

I have a couple of iPhones only one of which is a 1.1.2 OOB and a couple of phonecards almost all being "T-mobile D" (D being germany) mostly by callmobile.
I could reproduce the described behaviour with an unlocked (1.1.1 OOB with AnySim).

Enter the contestants:

In the left corner is a normal t-mobile card (not from an iPhone contract) in the right corner is a card from callmobile which operates on the t-mobile network. Both are German Providers and the test takes place in Germany
When I put the callmobile in the US (after I bought and soft-unlocked) it worked normal and showed the network I was on in the upper left corner of the screen. It switched between t-mobile (US of course) and AT&.
Back in Germany it shows no carrier in the upper left but it is on the network.
When I go to carrier settings my carrier doesn't show up same as on the main screen.

That one doesn't bother me much as the phone works and I don't really need the carrier/provider on display. After a small fight I even got EDGE to work although I wont use it on account of it being to expensive on my contract + I don't really need it.

Now for the standard t-mobile card. this is from my business phone and runs with a business contract (whatever the company boght from t-mobile).
This Fella shows up allright:

But keeps dropping the network like a strobo:

(You see that he reconnected faster than I could take the picture)

Then after a while the seemingly inevitable occurs:

A card with Turbo Sim attached is slightly more stable than the standard t-mobile card but faces the same end.
Mind you that's all happening on a soft-unlocked phone, not a 1.1.2 OOB
I could only test a O2-Loop card which worked fine on both phones(even though it wasn't used in 2 years).

So I would conclude that is a Provider(Carrier) and maybe Firmware related Problem. Maybe a Turbo Sim can fix this too or maybee not.
I would assume that we're neither the 1st nor the only ones with that problem but so far google was not my friend. Sad
saftschubser

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: TSim and tmobile Reply with quote

anyone got a clue about t-mobile sim soosing contact after a few seconds?
We have 2 iphones 2 tsim cards and 2 different t-mobile simcards. One t-mobile card is working without any problems and one is loosing contact after a few seconds. Since we have a dual sim for that we even tryed out both cards but none of them worked longer than a few seconds!?
Whats the problem???????? Question
freefall

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tsetse wrote:
2.) I tried the TSIM with the troubled yesss-sim in three different phones (Motorolla and Ericsson and iPhone) and ALL of them disconnected from the network after a while.

I just put my TSIM / n3 combo into my Nokia 6230i. And it works fine there.

Cya,

freefall.

EDIT: Obviously, this is a matter of features implemented within the mobile device. My old Nokia won't challenge the problem while others (presumably 3G devices) do.

Last edited by freefall on Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
freefall

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Theory: card class C Reply with quote

What about card classes? Does the TSIM fully support class C (VCC 1.8V)?

Imagine the iPhone activating the card using 1.8 V first? If the n3 (in contrast to N3, by the way) cards do support class C as well, which most other cards don't, it's possible that the iPhone operates in class C mode rather than in class B, using 1.8 V instead of 3 V.

This is just an idea. What I was able to verify is that the n3 card sends an ATR on 1.8 V activation. But this ATR (see below) states that the card only supports class A and B. The iPhone should normally reactivate the card using either of these card classes. But who knows...

Code:
ATR received: 3B9F95801FC38031A073BE211367D002030901000006

Cya,

freefall.

EDIT: Sounds nice, but unfortunately, this is not it.

The problem seems to be a combination of services advertised by the card and features implemented within the iPhone.
freefall

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, I was able to make my SIM work by a complete restore, jailbreak, activate cycle, using my SIM / TSIM combo instead of the original AT&T card in the iPhone.

After programming your TSIM, do the following:

1. Leave your own SIM / TSIM combo in the iPhone.
2. Use iTunes to restore to version 1.1.1.
3. Do emergency call procedure (*#307# etc.) to jailbreak 1.1.1.
4. Install Oktoprep.
5. Use iTunes to update to version 1.1.2.
6. Execute jailbreak.jar.
7. Enjoy.

I would still be interested in finding out what makes the iPhone behave strange when using the "normal" procedure. I'm pretty sure that this behavior is caused by a failing SIM AT command (SMS-PP download). But I haven't found out what makes the difference between the first case and the second one (after full restore with own SIM card).

Cya,

freefall.
ygoubau

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you use a n3 card or a N3 card (they are not the same). Did you restore using iTunes holding the shift key (like jailbreaking the first time), or did you just restore in a standard way?

I have a fully operational iPhone in Belgium, but my sisters simcard doesn't even connect to the network. It says 'no sim card installed' from the beginning.

Greetz.
freefall

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ygoubau wrote:
did you use a n3 card or a N3 card (they are not the same).

This was a n3 card issued by Simply, a reseller of T-Mobile.

Quote:
Did you restore using iTunes holding the shift key (like jailbreaking the first time), or did you just restore in a standard way?

I restored using iTunes with shift key, exactly like I did for the first time.

Quote:
[...] my sisters simcard doesn't even connect to the network. It says 'no sim card installed' from the beginning.

This seems to be a different problem. In my case, the SIM card was accepted and a connection to the network was established. Due to an error during a data transfer from the service provider to the iPhone, the network connection was dropped. This happened four times, and after that, the card was rejected.

Cya,

freefall.
freefall

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: SOLUTION Reply with quote

There's obviously an even easier way to have the German n3 cards working with TurboSIM:

Just simply reset the iPhone's settings after programming the TSIM.

Cya,

freefall.
Kongolese

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No man i tried both your ways and it ddn´t help me... Still connect reconnect and after a time "no sim inserted"....

Damn Callmobile!!!

What do i have to do?
freefall

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to use Services.app to disable EDGE right after booting your iPhone.

I'm pretty sure that the EDGE configuration is causing the trouble but I haven't identified some reproducible way to circumvent them.

But be sure: there is a way! Just keep trying.

Cya,

freefall.
gekkoiphone

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried the EDGE patch....

does NOT WORK.

My gues is:

MULTISIM and N3 and T-Mobile

are the elements that cause this error. BLADOX to react, please !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: