bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Incoming SMS manipulation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
linc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:23 am    Post subject: Incoming SMS manipulation Reply with quote

It it possible to modify the contents of an incoming SMS using the TurboSIM? I see there is an action that can be registered that will be called when a message is received, however it isn't clear (to me anyways) if it is possible to change the contents of the SMS before the phone picks it up as a new message. Is it possible?

Basically all I want to do is retrieve the senders phone number on the SMS, change it, and have the phone pick it up as being from the modified number, not the original

Anyone have any pointers/advise?

Linc.
pz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In theory possible, there is ACTION_SMS for this, see devel doc.

The problem is that today phones keep incoming SMS in internal phone memory and SIM/TSIM doesn't know about it and cannot modify it. There are special flags in SMS that can say that SMS is to be stored in SIM but even this some vendors already ignore.

What do you want to do? Maybe there is another way.
ricochet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that he's looking to get around a bug in the current iPhone software which won't accept incoming SMSs from certain types of numbers, like those with only 3 numeric digits, or alphanumeric numbers as often used by voicemail notifications to send SMS.

These SMSs are then received by the iPhone, and stored on the SIM card but the phone itself never shows any notification that they're received, and you can't view them.

Perhaps a turbosim script which looked for SMSs received from a certain number or number pattern, which then changed the sender to be an "ordinary" number format before passing the message to the SIM would get around this issue.

Any ideas? It seems by using the framework described here:
http://www.bladox.com/devel-docs/group__api__tsms.html
that it may be possible to have the TurboSIM respond to incoming messages from a particular caller ID and perform some action before passing the message to the SIM...
pz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, if these messages are really stored to SIM then yes, we can modify/manipulate them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: