bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CLIP Pass-through using TurboSIM?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OSTexo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: CLIP Pass-through using TurboSIM? Reply with quote

Hello,

Is it possible to pass CLIP through one SIM to another SIM using TurboSIM? The operator doesn?t support this function but I have a need to do this through a gateway. Thanks.
OSTexo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump
OSTexo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump
pz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump, hard to answer. Explain more how/where you want to pass it. DTMF? USSD? SMS?
OSTexo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello pz,

Here is a small breakdown:

Incoming voice call to Asterisk server via SIP trunk shows CLIP, for example 111-111-1111

This call is forwarded via least cost router to hardware doing VoIP to GSM conversion. The gateway forwards this call to a mobile phone according to routing rules. A SIM present in the gateway calls a SIM in a mobile phone to forward the call along to the mobile phone endpoint. The telephone number of the SIM in the gateway is 222-222-2222 for example.

Since the call is forwarded through the gateway, the CLIP of the SIM is sent to the mobile phone at the end of the chain, not the CLIP of the original caller from the SIP trunk/Asterisk server. So instead of seeing the true CLIP of the initiating caller 111-111-1111, the CLIP that displays on the mobile phone is 222-222-2222, the CLIP of the SIM in the gateway.

Is it possible to use your product to pass the true CLIP of the caller through the SIM in the gateway so it displays the true CLIP of the initiating caller, not the CLIP of the SIM in the gateway? So ideally, if I receive a call passed through an IP to GSM gateway and the calling parties telephone number is 111-111-1111 when my mobile phone rings with the call from the gateway it displays 111-111-1111, the true CLIP of the original caller.

If your TurboSIM product is able to accomplish this it would be a great help to me and other partners. Thanks for your assistance.
OSTexo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump
pz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SIM cannot do this, own MSISDN is not even stored there (it's optional). Why don't your gw fake outgoing number?
OSTexo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Just to be sure about this:

I will describe the current situation as it stands and see if TS can help:

Current Situation:

Joe Smith Calling PBX from Telephone Number 555-1234

Asterisk PBX Receives and Passes Call and CLIP to GSM Gateway 555-1234

GSM Gateway Receives Call from PBX and initiates call to my GSM mobile phone via SIM card in Gateway

Telephone Number of SIM card in Gateway is 555-5678

Call is received on my mobile phone; CLIP indicates 555-5678, the number of the SIM in the Gateway not John Smiths CLIP of 555-1234

Ideal Situation:

Asterisk PBX Receives and Passes Call to GSM Gateway while CLIP is passed to TurboSIM 555-1234

GSM Gateway Receives Call from PBX and initiates call to my GSM mobile phone via SIM card in Gateway with TS installed on Gateway SIM

TurboSIM sends CLIP 555-1234 to my mobile phone, or any CLIP for that matter that is receives from the Asterisk PBX

Call is received on my mobile phone; CLIP indicates 555-1234, the number of John Smith

Alternately, could there be a way to send an SMS to the phone that has the original callers CLIP with the aid of TurboSIM? Thanks.
pz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OSTexo wrote:
Hello,

Just to be sure about this:

I will describe the current situation as it stands and see if TS can help:

Current Situation:

Asterisk PBX Receives and Passes Call and CLIP to GSM Gateway 555-1234

GSM Gateway Receives Call from PBX and initiates call to my GSM mobile phone via SIM card in Gateway

Call is received on my mobile phone; CLIP indicates 555-5678, the number of the SIM in the Gateway not John Smiths CLIP of 555-1234

Ideal Situation:

Asterisk PBX Receives and Passes Call to GSM Gateway while CLIP is passed to TurboSIM 555-1234

GSM Gateway Receives Call from PBX and initiates call to my GSM mobile phone via SIM card in Gateway with TS installed on Gateway SIM

TurboSIM sends CLIP 555-1234 to my mobile phone, or any CLIP for that matter that is receives from the Asterisk PBX

Call is received on my mobile phone; CLIP indicates 555-1234, the number of John Smith

Not possible, SIM has no control of number (MSISDN), it's not even stored there. Network assignes MSISDN. You would have to be SS7 to specify CLIP.

Quote:

Alternately, could there be a way to send an SMS to the phone that has the original callers CLIP with the aid of TurboSIM? Thanks.

Same story, no. But this one can be easily spoofed by some SMSC.
OSTexo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Thanks for the info pz.
bladoxfan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pz wrote:
SIM cannot do this, own MSISDN is not even stored there (it's optional). Why don't your gw fake outgoing number?

Hi!
How are going to do this? Is the Turbo-SIM able to fake the outgoing number?
Thank You

a fan
bladoxfan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: