bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Auto Alarm 1.2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Auto Alarm 1.2 Reply with quote

Following the hurricanes we release new version of the Auto Alarm application. It is very nice and we are proud of it.

What's new:
- repeated alarm SMS sending
- configurable measurement interval
- measure demo mode (so users really see that/how it works)
- sending SMS as TSMS - with binary position info for AA Locate application (included as well). AA Locate is for Turbo Adapter with memory card and in case there is the cell list installed it converts cid to address.
- accelerometer is switched off when idle, should save some power
- workaround for nasty bug/feature/behaviour of some older nokias (notably n3210, n7710, but even for some n3410's) causing delays passed too quickly
- some bug fixes

BLADOX
Nig

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: My greatest wish... Reply with quote

...would be a serial port (RS232) for a GPS mouse and a function, which takes the NMEA data from the GPS and sends it via SMS to the owner of the car.

This would start, when the motion sensor detects some movement.

Maybe its even better if the TURBO even powers up the GPS mouse (controls the power line of the GPS) because usually a GPS takes up to 130mA, which can empty your car battery over some time...

A good idea would be, if it would be possible to call the TURBO (just a RING signal) and after that the TURBO would send the GPS data via SMS too.

The user can check the car position online with:
http://www.mapquest.com or http://www.maporama.com/share/.

There is a similar german project, but they stopped the development and the device is quite simpel and unflexible...

http://www.kh-gps.de/sms_trk.htm

greetings
Nig
pz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: My greatest wish... Reply with quote

Nig wrote:
...would be a serial port (RS232) for a GPS mouse and a function, which takes the NMEA data from the GPS and sends it via SMS to the owner of the car.

This would start, when the motion sensor detects some movement.

Maybe its even better if the TURBO even powers up the GPS mouse (controls the power line of the GPS) because usually a GPS takes up to 130mA, which can empty your car battery over some time...

There is no serial port free so we are working on simple i2c<->rs232 to connect arbitrary gps to turbo/AA.

Quote:

A good idea would be, if it would be possible to call the TURBO (just a RING signal) and after that the TURBO would send the GPS data via SMS too.

Easy, trivia (but only on phones supporting sim toolkit incoming call event - most do but nokia).
Nig

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: quite easy... Reply with quote

>There is no serial port free so we are working on simple i2c<->rs232 to
>connect arbitrary gps to turbo/AA.

But isn't there an Atmel Mega128 on your board?
It is quite easy to implement a software uart on this controller.

On the other side i2c to RS232 is possible too Smile

THX
Nig
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: