bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question on Turbo programmer dbg

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kl0f

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject: Question on Turbo programmer dbg Reply with quote

Hi
<Newbie question>
I got the programmer and adapter connected to my phone, I start the debugger (dbg) with default parameter and then i start using the STK menu ect.

But the SIM <-> ME communication is not displayed? Is it saved in a file somewhere?
</Newbie question>

Thanks
Per
pz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Question on Turbo programmer dbg Reply with quote

Kl0f wrote:
Hi
<Newbie question>
I got the programmer and adapter connected to my phone, I start the debugger (dbg) with default parameter and then i start using the STK menu ect.

But the SIM <-> ME communication is not displayed? Is it saved in a file somewhere?
</Newbie question>

Thanks
Per

The adapters distributed don't have the debug kernel installed (I.e. the communication debug, application can send debugging messages always). We hope to release the "raw hex" debug kernel with new firmware release but we come up with new ideas all the time and delaying the release. So drop a line and we send it via email.

Use the "btldr" command to reflash the firmware.
P.
kl0f

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
I got the new kernel installed.

It seems that is have a problem with the USB communication when debugging. I get the raw hex, but only for about 10-20 APDU's, then the feed stops? the phone session continues and works just fine. I can press enter to stop the debugging, and I can start it again and the feed will continue for a while and the stop again?
Any ideas?

I understand your point about releasing a new kernel, I myself already have a handfull of ideas to improve just the debugging function. Ill send you some feedback once I have worked more with the tools.

BR
Per
pz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kl0f wrote:

It seems that is have a problem with the USB communication when debugging. I get the raw hex, but only for about 10-20 APDU's, then the feed stops? the phone session continues and works just fine. I can press enter to stop the debugging, and I can start it again and the feed will continue for a while and the stop again?
Any ideas?

What FTDI drivers version do you have? What linux kernel/distribution?
P.
Kl0f

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont quite know about the FTDI drivers, im a Linux newbie, but I have Redhat 9.0. If there are any commands you want me to try let me know?

I read that FTDI drivers are included in Linux kernel from 2.4.0, but that might not be the newest version.

Tell me what to check/update!

/Per
pz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kl0f wrote:
I dont quite know about the FTDI drivers, im a Linux newbie, but I have Redhat 9.0. If there are any commands you want me to try let me know?

I read that FTDI drivers are included in Linux kernel from 2.4.0, but that might not be the newest version.

/Per

"uname -a" tells the linux kernel version

Could you try this on windows please? You will need the VCOM (virtual com) version of FTDI drivers. So that we will know whether is OS specific or something else.
(I am sorry for bugging you but it's always problem with an issue we cannot simulate).
Thanks.
P.
pz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kl0f wrote:

/Per

One more question, what mobile phone is connected?
P.
Kl0f

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the RH 9 configuration with Nokia 3310, N-gage and 6600 with the same result.

I got the win setup running just fine with the VCOM drivers, you really should include a quick win setup guide in your documentation, it was really easy but the information was not included (maybe its just me:))

So ill continue using win for now.

Thanks.
Per
pz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the problem was related to a bug/issue/feature of usb/ftdi driver in some linux kernels. When reading to a buffer longer than about 200bytes to read() just stops.
It is fixed in turbo-prog-utils-2.1.4 we have just released.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: